Sign in to follow this  
rgepting

Holster Press Question

Hello Folks, Been a luker here for years and have learned tons from all of you. Now I have a question. I am building a holster press and clicker and im about to order the gum rubber for moulding. Those of you who use a press for moulding holsters how thick should the rubber be?

Is 1 inch thick top and bottom ok are should I go thicker? I am ordering from Mcmaster Carr, 1 Inch is as thick as they have but I can double or triple it. Thanks Richard Epting

Hello Folks, Been a luker here for years and have learned tons from all of you. Now I have a question. I am building a holster press and clicker and im about to order the gum rubber for moulding. Those of you who use a press for moulding holsters how thick should the rubber be?

Is 1 inch thick top and bottom ok are should I go thicker? I am ordering from Mcmaster Carr, 1 Inch is as thick as they have but I can double or triple it. Thanks Richard Epting

Check this thread...

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=346

I use a book binding press with two 12x12x1 sheets of gum rubber. 1" thick will be plenty thick. If your smashing that down you're pressing to hard. I thought the stuff would be to firm for my liking going from using exercise pads from Wally World. Turns out it's perfetct.

I'm actuall going to pick up 1 sheet of 3/4". My book binding press I use is limited on it's opening, just over 3 " I think. I've had trouble getting some guns in there. I think 3/4" on the bottom would work good.