arthurandersen

Ons Small Request

Hello Oh Great and Powerfull OZ, I mean, Webmaster.

When I click on the sign-in link it sends me to the login page where you can put in your username and password. Would it be to hard to set the cursor to automatically go to the username input box so one does not have to click the box before typing? I have lost track of the number of times I have typed all my info in only to discover that the cursor was not in the box and the info has gone off into La-La land. It may just be my work computer as I have discovered some sites act differently at work then when I am accessing them at home.So far I have neglected to test that theory by trying to logon at home ( see, I told you it was a trivial item) and if that is the case then please ignore this rant. Thank you for providing a otherwise fantastic web site to use.

Arthur Andersen

Hello, Arthur!

Sorry, but even Oz can't control your cursor.

Go into Control Panel> Mouse> and then the tab that says "pointer options". There is a box there you can tick that will make your cursor jump to the default position. It's usually called "snap to". Let me know if that helps!

Johanna

PS Thanks for the kind words about the forum! We're glad you're having fun here.

Hello, Arthur!

Sorry, but even Oz can't control your cursor.

Go into Control Panel> Mouse> and then the tab that says "pointer options". There is a box there you can tick that will make your cursor jump to the default position. It's usually called "snap to". Let me know if that helps!

Johanna

PS Thanks for the kind words about the forum! We're glad you're having fun here.

Thanks Joanna. I will give that a try and let you know.. Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Arthur Andersen

Hi Joanna;

Nope that did not help. But it was worth a try. Oh well, it is such a small matter. I will just have to live with it.

Thanks for trying tho...

=8-}

Arthur Andersen

Sure you can.

The username field has an id of 'username', so you target that to set the focus. It's easy and very basic. Here's what the code would look like on the page:

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function(){
	document.getElementById("username").focus();
}
</script>

Of course, if you're using jquery, it's even easier (shorter):

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
	$('#username').focus();
});
</script>

Enjoy!