Trox

Adler 5-27 A Missing Screw

Help a screw is missing!

Somebody knows where to get hold of a machine screw with 3/32 tread? (0.09 inches about 2, 36 millimeter) and ½ Inch long or more (I can cut it)

I have been looking all over for a very long time for this screw.

It is for my old Adler class 5-27, a bobbin tension screw.

(I will buy a complete shuttle if I can find one! But I hope to avoid buying a new machine)

In advance Thanks!

Trox

Help a screw is missing!

Somebody knows where to get hold of a machine screw with 3/32 tread? (0.09 inches about 2, 36 millimeter) and ½ Inch long or more (I can cut it)

(I will buy a complete shuttle if I can find one! But I hope to avoid buying a new machine)

In advance Thanks!

Trox

Trox,

The Adler 5-27 you have is an early version of the Adler 105. Both the 105 and 104 class shuttles used the following screws: Tension screw part #992 00 560 0. Locking screw for locking the tension screw once set is part # 992 00 812 0. If neither of these work,

Singer manufactured a number of screws with 3/32 dia. They made ones with a 56 pitch and onces with 64 pitch. Which do you need? Once you know, we can find a screw for you.

shoepatcher

Help a screw is missing!

In advance Thanks!

Trox

Help a screw is missing!

In advance Thanks!

Trox

Trox

I called DUERKOPP ADLER Germany.....they have these numbers ( screws ) still in stock...I told them to send one of each to my sister in Germany...she will, after you send me a privat e-mail with ur address...send you these little srews to ur homeland...!!

Do you have an Adler ( Duerkopp ) company branch in your country....they might have ways to send them direct if you need more??

Let me know what u think...

James

Help a screw is missing!

In advance Thanks!

Trox

I have found some srews they might work in local bolt shop....when they come in Monday....I will send some ur way...let me know!!!

James

Thank You Shoepatcher! For helping me with this! I been looking a whole year for this screw!

You are right! The class. 5 is the forerunner to class 105. In the meantime, the standardizations of screw thread happened in Europe and it became a metric system.

That was the confusing part for me, that’s why it been taking so long to get the right screw. I was looking for a 2, 4 mm. metric screw that do not exist.

The Adler 105 uses metric and the screw part #992 00 560 0 measures 2.8 mm on the threads and 14mm long. The one I need measures 0,096 inches (2, 3 almost 2, 4 mm) It has to be a 3/32 screw. Look at the pic`s attached. How do I find out if its 56 or 64 pitch? Is it the amount of treads on an inch? My screw head is worn out, but I manage to fix the screw down tight so I have the amount of tension I need for thick thread. I also need the tension spring new; I compared mine with a Singer 45 K with an open hook. It looks like it will fit my machine!?

Thank again for helping me Shoepatcher!

Trox,

The Adler 5-27 you have is an early version of the Adler 105. Both the 105 and 104 class shuttles used the following screws: Tension screw part #992 00 560 0. Locking screw for locking the tension screw once set is part # 992 00 812 0. If neither of these work,

Singer manufactured a number of screws with 3/32 dia. They made ones with a 56 pitch and onces with 64 pitch. Which do you need? Once you know, we can find a screw for you.

shoepatcher

post-10237-081846900 1286503706_thumb.jp

post-10237-042985600 1286503722_thumb.jp

post-10237-080266200 1286503807_thumb.jp

Hell James!

Thanks for all help and thanks for your email to!

If you see my answer to Shoepatcher, this are not the correct numbers for my machine! I dont have a part list for it and I cant find it anymore in Durkopp Adler or anywhere else. Weaver leather sayes the have a shuttle who will work, but I can not buy from them with out signing a contract that I should buy for more than 500 USD a year from them. I buy most of my stuff here in Norway and with high import tax and VAT it will be a very expensive shuttle. I better buy a new Sewing machine. But I love my old Adler 5-27, the rest of it is like new. I got all extras that I need, speed reducer and speed adjustable motor. I dont want to retire it as an paper weight. Maybe Shoepatcher can help me.

Thanks

Trox

Trox

I called DUERKOPP ADLER Germany.....they have these numbers ( screws ) still in stock...I told them to send one of each to my sister in Germany...she will, after you send me a privat e-mail with ur address...send you these little srews to ur homeland...!!

Do you have an Adler ( Duerkopp ) company branch in your country....they might have ways to send them direct if you need more??

Let me know what u think...

James

post-10237-001300700 1286505582_thumb.jp

Here is the tension spring!

Trox

Trox,

shoepatcher

post-10237-001013900 1286507315_thumb.jp