Sign in to follow this  
Itaricans

Supplies In Kc Mo

Hi everyone, I live in Platte City, just out of K C M O, does anyone knows of any suppliers in KC MO besides Tandy? I would like to see what other places have to offer in regards of prices and merchandise. Thanks. Latter. Louie.

Welcome Itaricans, you should try KONOMOS DISTRIBUTING on Harry Truman Blvd. in K.C. Mo. ! I do quite a bit of trade with them and have for many years. Bill Konomos is a super guy to do business with. They have a little of everything from leather, thread, glue, buckles, spots, rivets, or about anything else you can think of. They specialize in shoe repair findings. Also have used machinery sometimes and all kind of sewing machine parts and needles. Hope this helps a little. Their prices sure will beat Tandy's!

Not sure how far it is from you but Springfield Leather Company is in, you guessed it, Springfield, MO.

Good folks and a good selection of stuff. Worst case, even if you order online, it would likely only take a day or two to get stuff via regular mail.

Welcome!!

I am in the Ottawa Ks area, In addition to Konomos, There is also Leathersmith Supply .411 W 87th St, Overland Park, KS, 66212.

If you are looking for Chap or possibly garment Leather - There is Fern-Thatcher in St. Jo. Their prices are very reasonable, and they will send you some samples if you call and request. Ask for Stu Blatner. There is also American Leatherworks in Leavenworth, they do mail order, but for now have a store open 2-3 days a week in downtown Leavenworth. Their Website would give more details.

I like Springfield Leather as well. It only takes a day or two to receive it and their catalog has a lot of good information. - There are also 2 guilds that meet in the area. MidAmerica Leather Artist Guild meets at Tandy in Independence, the other is Santa Fe Leather Artist's Guild and they meet in Topeka or Leavenworth depending on the time of year. Deb

Edited by Deb59