Rayban

Need Shoulder Rig Help Please.

I have a request to make a rig similar to this one.

The owner of the .357 revolver with 5 1/2" barrel, feels it's too heavy, thus uncomfortable on a belt while hunting/camping, etc. so wants a shoulder rig.

Any experience making or wearing the one in the picture?

I see that this style is made by several manyfacturers.

Any other ideas will be welcomed, and of course, pictures are always helpful.

Thanks!!

1879TexasShoulder.jpg

I have a request to make a rig similar to this one.

The owner of the .357 revolver with 5 1/2" barrel, feels it's too heavy, thus uncomfortable on a belt while hunting/camping, etc. so wants a shoulder rig.

Any experience making or wearing the one in the picture?

I see that this style is made by several manyfacturers.

Any other ideas will be welcomed, and of course, pictures are always helpful.

Thanks!!

1879TexasShoulder.jpg

I don't have any experience with it, but it looks like that strap going over the back of the neck would rub uncomfortably, and I would think that there should be elastic to attach the bottom of the holster to the belt so that it flexes with the wearer and keeps the gun in place better than just a leather thong would. Just my thoughts on it at first glance.

I've seen similar but those I've seen my father and uncles wear had a wide strap that ran across the upper back of the shoulder and it had another loop which had a buckle on the right side arm/shoulder also. Right handed cross draw. This displaced the weight in a manner which they had no problem with carrying Full Size Ruger 44 mags, Alaskans and the odd 500.

Matter of fact, they were the same rigs after looking at it, but it was much wider where the strap crosses the shoulders..

850f0face0e760d3d0bdfda5fe201983.image.400x406.jpg This is closer to what my dad and uncles carried in..

For double action revolvers I make the fold under the trigger guard, then add buckles and straps.

post-5298-043158200 1288586155_thumb.jpg

This is what the back of the straps look like.

post-5298-000757800 1288587571_thumb.jpg

This is what the back of the straps look like.

That design looks to be more practical for field use....I think I will pursue that one...thanks Haystacker!!

That design looks to be more practical for field use....I think I will pursue that one...thanks Haystacker!!

Have you seen the new Tandy shoulder rig ? there might be some ideas in it for you to use.