Sign in to follow this  
clicker

Clicker Dies For Pete

Are those matching left and right chap yokes?

So what is the cost to do those dies?

Are those matching left and right chap yokes?

they are Troy.

Haven't received them yet but I can hardly wait. John Hopkins and I got a 30 chink order from a local drill team and didn't want to have to cut them AND the fringe by hand.

pete

Pete, good for you. Glad to see you getting to do a lot of leather work. Just for future reference, when making right and left items, you only need one die. Turn the leather over and the same die will cut out exact duplicates. This works for rigs, fenders, housings, anything where matching left and rights are required. Works for breast collar dies too. One die will work for both sides. Saves you money on dies.

Pete, good for you. Glad to see you getting to do a lot of leather work. Just for future reference, when making right and left items, you only need one die. Turn the leather over and the same die will cut out exact duplicates. This works for rigs, fenders, housings, anything where matching left and rights are required. Works for breast collar dies too. One die will work for both sides. Saves you money on dies.

I wish that I could, but I didn't want to have one side ragged looking as I'm using thin, white, chap leather and cutting from the "other side" made for a jagged cut.

Hopefully I won't have that problem with Chris's dies. They look really clean and sharp. No more Weavers for me. I've become really disappointed with the quality and sharpness. Plus, they are WAY overpriced.

pete

they are Troy.

Haven't received them yet but I can hardly wait. John Hopkins and I got a 30 chink order from a local drill team and didn't want to have to cut them AND the fringe by hand.

pete

Hey Pete, tell John I said hi. I haven't seen him since he came into my shop quite a while back.

Hey Pete, tell John I said hi. I haven't seen him since he came into my shop quite a while back.

I shall. I will be getting to work on this order with him when the dies arrive.

stay well

pete

I wish that I could, but I didn't want to have one side ragged looking as I'm using thin, white, chap leather and cutting from the "other side" made for a jagged cut.

Hopefully I won't have that problem with Chris's dies. They look really clean and sharp. No more Weavers for me. I've become really disappointed with the quality and sharpness. Plus, they are WAY overpriced.

pete

I understand. I was only thinking of using veg skirting. Sounds like your on the right track.

Thanks Pete~ya beat me to it !

ahhhh.......clicker dies for stars....

man I hate trying to get stars cut the same...

Lucky you!

I'm tellin' ya what Grampa............Pete got a good deal on those~those stars are hard to shape in steel too ! they were fun~when~done though !

If anyone else is intrested we're at prorodedies@gmail.com and www.prorodeooriginals.com

Thank you every one for the compliments~~Chris

I'm tellin' ya what Grampa............Pete got a good deal on those~those stars are hard to shape in steel too ! they were fun~when~done though !

If anyone else is intrested we're at prorodedies@gmail.com and www.prorodeooriginals.com

Thank you every one for the compliments~~Chris

I have a newbie question with respect to the dies, are they made to be used in conjunction with some sort of press or can you use a rubber mallet??

Hey Journey,

I can do them both ways, these here are used with a clicker press (maybe google it), If they are for a mallet, some times they'll have more/different bracing or a handle sometimes a rotating handle.

Chris