chicago johnny

Tandy Store Closing

you would think tandy stores would contact there customer's before closing up.At least a post card or e-mail.I drove an hour to find out tandy in merriville Ind.closed up and moved to Ft Wayne Ind . I could of stocked up.

I could honestly have a field day with the typos/grammar issues on this site as a whole....but I won't. I WILL say that I thoroughly agree with the original statement: Tandy ought to at least send a message via mail/email to that store's clients to advise them of the coming closing.

We all would do well to clean up our spelling and grammar because many of our visitors do not speak American English as a first language. If they put the not-so-carefully done posts in their translators, they can't make sense of it. Also, when a person is searching, the board isn't smart like Google to suggest alternative spellings.

Closing the store with no notice to the regulars was probably because it seems they fired the manager just as unexpectedly. Customers shouldn't have to call ahead to see if the store is open. I realize Tandy employees have families, but there ought to be store hours for Sunday. Sometimes that is the only afternoon I have free to go 90 miles to Ft. Wayne or Cincinnati.

Johanna

Well i know my spelling or writeing isn't very good. Is their a spell check on here ? If their is where is it ? I rolled my mouse over button this page i think and i can't find it if their is one. Plus lots of times i write like i talk..LOL.

Edited by dirtclod

you would think tandy stores would contact there customer's before closing up.At least a post card or e-mail.I drove an hour to find out tandy in merriville Ind.closed up and moved to Ft Wayne Ind . I could of stocked up.

sorry my harley dictionary said spell it like you say it. LOL

The owner here (Ross-Ft. Wayne) said he came from Texas. Maybe Tandy can't have more than a lotted amount of stores in one state. But after 20 years of absence, I damn pleased they are back.

Edited by Strmchsr

Is Ross a skinny little freak?

I'm sure he's the same guy. Trained in the Austin store.

If so tell him I said hi!

Allen

Hey Johnny, I agree! Steve

Edited by Cobra Steve

We all would do well to clean up our spelling and grammar because many of our visitors do not speak American English as a first language. If they put the not-so-carefully done posts in their translators, they can't make sense of it. Also, when a person is searching, the board isn't smart like Google to suggest alternative spellings.

Closing the store with no notice to the regulars was probably because it seems they fired the manager just as unexpectedly. Customers shouldn't have to call ahead to see if the store is open. I realize Tandy employees have families, but there ought to be store hours for Sunday. Sometimes that is the only afternoon I have free to go 90 miles to Ft. Wayne or Cincinnati.

Johanna

Man how lucky am I only 5 minutes fronm the Cincinnati store. Hope they don't close. Now that I have this addiction.

Thanks, Johanna, for pointing out that we all aren't part of the English-American language family. But we're certainly Leatherwork Family.

Regards,

Tore