Sign in to follow this  
Mark Garrity

Frog Skins?

Does anyone have a current U.S. source for frog skins??

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Does anyone have a current U.S. source for frog skins??

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Try Springfield. If you don't see them listed in their catalogue, call them. Always helpful. They have many things not listed because of small quantities, availability issues, etc.

Jerry VanAmburg has a lot of exotics and different colors of frog. Here's a link - Van Amburg Leathers . I think that is the old address and he has moved everything to Idaho now. The phone number I have is (208) 785-0800.

Mark:

You can get them from Jerry at Van Amburg. I just ordered some.

Dave: That's news to me about Ostrich Market. Last time I checked with them, approximately 3 months ago, they said they did not have any and would not be carrying any ever again. Glad to hear they changed their mind.

Thanks all!

I've dealt with VanAmburg before but didn't have current contact info. I'll give him a ring.

Mark:

You can get them from Jerry at Van Amburg. I just ordered some.

Dave: That's news to me about Ostrich Market. Last time I checked with them, approximately 3 months ago, they said they did not have any and would not be carrying any ever again. Glad to hear they changed their mind.

He had some over there when I was in last month, maybe he is just getting rid of what he has.He sells so much gator that takes up alot of his time and the profit margin is alot better.

I've usually used Ostrich Market but there have been a couple of times they did not have what I needed and used Bud Camp. He has also given me me excellent service going above and beyond.

http://www.exotichides.com/

I've usually used Ostrich Market but there have been a couple of times they did not have what I needed and used Bud Camp. He has also given me me excellent service going above and beyond.

http://www.exotichides.com/

Man, that's some dang high prices in comparison to other vendors. That guy's prices are more than double in price for a frog skin you can get at Van Amburg.

Edited by K-Man

Man, that's some dang high prices in comparison to other vendors. That guy's prices are more than double in price for a frog skin you can get at Van Amburg.

I had not done business with Van Amburg before. Thanks for the heads up. Bud did right by me once on a sticky wicket so I figured I'd give him a plug.