The Butcher

Hello, New Member Here

Hello all and Happy Holidays. My name is Gino and I am from Medina, OH. I wanted to introduce myself, as I am re-finding my passion for this type of art. I think this site is great and I see tons of talent here.

I have been crafting on and off (mostly off) for about 7 years. Leatherwork and shoe repair have been in my family for the past 200 years and my father ownes and runs a shoe repair / leather repair shop for the past 43 years. He and I make a great team and as is turns out my wife became interested in the trade of crafting and is better gifted than my Dad and I put together! Damn, I hate when that happens. Motorcycles have been in my blood for many years so I gave the seat-thing a go around on bikes I built, etc and it was so cool I became hooked.

I own and operate an automotive spot-refinishing company and do custom paint on the side. Metal-engraving and leatherwork have always been my favorites, though.

Been floundering lately with work, holidays, the weather, etc and got disconnected from my love of leather work. I just recently came back to the hobby and look forward to getting to know the community.

Take care,

The Butcher

Welcome Butcher!

Sounds like quite a Family history. Good on You!

You've come to the right place. Pull up a chair, and start working. First thing is pictures of the shop, then the stuff you make....lol

Welcome,I'm glad you found this site it's great!! It's great your Dads been in business so long & that your helping hom,my son & I work together too!I've been through Medina a couple of times & don't remember seeing your Dads shop.Maybe I'll look alittle harder next time.

Bob