Sign in to follow this  
Fredo

Convertable Iwb Owb

I know I could have posted this in the critique forum, however I wanted to get input from holster makers and users to help me get better.

This is for my Firestar M-40, feels very good, retention is tight but usable. I have started to experiment with a vaccum food sealer to get the initial forming done. I can see poor workmanship in the finnal use of the folder/bone tool. I think that comes from not waiting untill my leather is a bit dryer.

Anyway your thoughts and critique are appreciated.

Fredo

convert1.jpg

convert2.jpg

looks great to me! the only thing i see that i would chance ( and this is JUST my opinion because they look fairly secure) is i'd make the snap straps a little wider granted its hard to judge the width in the pic ( especially with my eyesight, its bad im only 22 but have horrible eyes lol ) but they look just a little thin. like i saidt hough looks great andits a very cool and interesting design idea hope to see more from you! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

looks great to me! the only thing i see that i would chance ( and this is JUST my opinion because they look fairly secure) is i'd make the snap straps a little wider granted its hard to judge the width in the pic ( especially with my eyesight, its bad im only 22 but have horrible eyes lol ) but they look just a little thin. like i saidt hough looks great andits a very cool and interesting design idea hope to see more from you! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Fredo, Too cool fer school!!!!!! Don't think I'd change a thing. Semper-fi Mike

Great design! I've been planning something like that myself, but with detachable loops that would be closer together.

I love the stitching. What kind of thread did you use?

Great design! I've been planning something like that myself, but with detachable loops that would be closer together.

I love the stitching. What kind of thread did you use?

Thanks Guys,

BigO,

I use 5 strand linen thread I buy from the local yardage store. I dye it using ecoflo highlite stains. This one is saddle tan, 1 part dye (stain) to 3 parts water in a zip top baggie baggie. I let it soak about 5 minutes then hang it to dry. Wax and use it for the specific project..

Edited by Fredo