Bobby hdflame

How Do I Make A Simple Die?

I want to make some shields for firefighter helmets and some key fobs with the same pattern...just smaller. I would like to make a die to be able to cut them out exactly the same each time and also increase my speed/production.

I saw somewhere a while back about cutting a shape out in wood, and then wrapping the edge with a metal banding strap....I think. Does anyone know how to make a simple shaped die?

Thanks,

Bobby

Here's a picture of the shape. This is a small key fob, but the helmet shield is the same shape, nothing intricate.

th_kc6.gif

Hi Bobby,

Someone posted a great little tutorial some time ago on how to make a simple clicker die using some plywood and a used band saw blade. I'll try to post a link to it if I can find it again. Meanwhile, if anyone else remembers that post and can find it faster than me, maybe they can help us out there.

Kate

You could glue the outside edges and cut them on a bandsaw, ten or twenty at a time.

Kevin.