leatheroo

Ace Of Spades Solo Seat

My latest seat is for the brother of the owner of the Rockn Rolla seat. He wanted a similar style but with the Ace of Spades as the centre. I dont know if i like the little black bits at the top and bottom, but that was what he wanted. Antique stain with some diluted whiskey dye as well. It is so hard on the nerves doing the black dye in the middle.....one drop in the wrong place and you would have heard me scream!!!!

ace-carved.jpg

ace-of-spades.jpg

ace-closeup.jpg

I hear ya about the potential black dye accidents. I have made the “walk of shame” to the garbage can a few times while screaming myself. I have never done seats like this before, but I sure would like to give it a try one day if the opportunity ever popped up.

Really nice work and I think the black bits add nice contrast. Good symmetry on the design. How does the antique hold up in the weather and abuse a seat goes through ? I have never heard of whiskey dying ? But I am all for a little whiskey while dying – ha, ha.

Keep it fun !

That is really nice Roo you have definately ramped it up on your last couple of seats and it's cool that some Aussie bikers seem to be stepping out of the black seat comfort zone. Hopefully it will happen here in Wait Awhile you'll get it eventually, hope you have a great Christmas.

Cheers,

Clair

Great looking seat! I want to do a seat with sheridan styling like yours, I think it looks great on a seat. I like it it!