Sign in to follow this  
Bmoz

New Holster Pattern Problem

I made this new holster pattern. I probably won't put a finish on this one because I don't think that the retention is tight enough. Has anyone got any Ideas on how to improve the tightness when sewing this type of holster?post-9947-022769600 1294456849_thumb.jpg

I made this new holster pattern. I probably won't put a finish on this one because I don't think that the retention is tight enough. Has anyone got any Ideas on how to improve the tightness when sewing this type of holster?post-9947-022769600 1294456849_thumb.jpg

Your stitching appears to be tight enough to the gun, but there doesn't look like there is nearly enough molding to the trigger guard and ejection port.

Looks good. About the only way I can tell is to see a pic with out the pistol from the top looking in. I agree it appears to need more molding. What weight leather is it?

Your stitching appears to be tight enough to the gun, but there doesn't look like there is nearly enough molding to the trigger guard and ejection port.

I see what you mean I will try that.

Looks good. About the only way I can tell is to see a pic with out the pistol from the top looking in. I agree it appears to need more molding. What weight leather is it?

The leather is 5/6 oz....

5/6oz is pretty light for an OWB. Bump up your weight to a 6/7oz minimum and mold the ejection port. I prefer 7/8oz for OWBs.

5/6oz is pretty light for an OWB. Bump up your weight to a 6/7oz minimum and mold the ejection port. I prefer 7/8oz for OWBs.

Thanks for the tip I was thinking the same thing.