Sign in to follow this  
cowdog128

Howdy Folks From Alabama

Howdy folks,

My name is Hank Keene my nickname is Hurricane from my old bullfighting days im new to leatherwork mainly because of a truck driving accident that has left me with loads of time on my hands and a need for a new trade. I hope i can learn alot from anyone who has the time and patience to teach me i consider myself a "sponge" when it comes learning.Any and all advice and tips and tricks are welcome and encouraged i would like to focus on mainly western style carving/lettering and wildlife carving but im open to all aspects of leatherwork.from what i have seen already on this site everybody is so kind helpful and full knowledge.I look foward to makeing many friends and learning from some truly great artist and craftmen/women thanks a bunch look foward to hearing from you. "Hurricane"Hank Keene

Howdy folks,

My name is Hank Keene my nickname is Hurricane from my old bullfighting days im new to leatherwork mainly because of a truck driving accident that has left me with loads of time on my hands and a need for a new trade. I hope i can learn alot from anyone who has the time and patience to teach me i consider myself a "sponge" when it comes learning.Any and all advice and tips and tricks are welcome and encouraged i would like to focus on mainly western style carving/lettering and wildlife carving but im open to all aspects of leatherwork.from what i have seen already on this site everybody is so kind helpful and full knowledge.I look foward to makeing many friends and learning from some truly great artist and craftmen/women thanks a bunch look foward to hearing from you. "Hurricane"Hank Keene

Hey Hurricane:

Welcome to the site, like you I am faily new to the site but have been messing around with leather for 20 some odd years. I thought I knew a thing or two until I found this site now I feel like a kid in a candy store. People here are willing to share and be more than helpful. I suggest you check out a local Tandy store and subscribe to "The Leathercrafters and Saddlers Journal", it is about the only publicationthat deals strictly with leather and its various uses. Again welcome and look forward to seeing some of your work.

Howdy Hank,

Glad you found LW. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here. Lots of good people and lots of good information. If you have any trouble finding your way around the site just holler. one good navigation button that i find useful is the "View New Content" button on the upper right (with the orange square) just below the advertisement banners. if you click that button it will show you a list of all the new posts since the last time you were on the forum.

Have Fun!

ken

oh...i forgot....WAR EAGLE!!! the other Alabama team

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Central Texas!

Welcome to the site,

Ken

I'm a little late getting to this post, but I guess I've made up for it by meeting you in person!

But anyway....welcome to the best site on the internet!

Hello Hank.

Just had to return the "howdy", from Opelika/Auburn. Hope I eventually find someone in my area to share the leatherwok experience with. Door is always open, daylight hours of course, if you ever get in the area. Not able to travel these days.

Ray aka Helmut

Howdy folks,