Sign in to follow this  
broncobuster

Buckskin/Daniel Boone Outfit

Heres a shirt n pants im doing for a guy thats doinf mounted shooting. im still finishing them yet but close to being done.

post-5091-068329500 1295150877_thumb.jpg

post-5091-085399200 1295151022_thumb.jpg

post-5091-053832700 1295151133_thumb.jpg

Edited by broncobuster

Very cool, Bonnie! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Crystal

Heres a shirt n pants im doing for a guy thats doinf mounted shooting. im still finishing them yet but close to being done.

love it

Nice looking outfit, lot of work there.

I would class it as Gen George Custer rather than Daniel Boone..imho.

Awesome! Looks so soft. Bet it feels real nice.

Nice looking outfit, lot of work there.

I would class it as Gen George Custer rather than Daniel Boone..imho.

I love the outfit but why would you say it's Custer rather than Boone; I'm not that familiar with "subtle" differences but I'm looking for a Boone outfit. Or, rather, more so, that's what I was told to look for for my son who's going to be in a play but not actually playing him but rather just an old "curmudgeonly" - or maybe not so - trapper. I love this but maybe it's a little much; is that what you're trying to say? I was told Boone himself didn't dress quite so "trapperly" as depicted but since we're not actually trying to play him but "just" an ole trapper maybe this one is a little much? Any thoughts?

Anyway, I love the outift and I'm sick; I tried tanning my first hide this past winter and I missed something somewhere in the process. I didn't want to use chemicals and ran across a recipe using a kind of soap but then couldn't seem to find either the soap (or the instructions again really) by the time I got the rest of the stuff together. (I wasn't expecting to get the hide). But this year I've got 2 buckets of salt ready for drying; my tub ready for soaking, my saw ready for scraping. It was a learning experience; guess I didn't realize how much flesh comes off with the hide; still wonder if there couldn't be less with better skinning but I guess if you don't do it yourself that's what you get and I did well to get the hide without trying to insist I be allowed to skin it myself; we'll see what happens this year if my son gets one himself. This came from a nephew's girlfriend which now I just realized I may have missed my chance cause they've broke up now and I don't think she hunts anymore but everybody else still does but I'd never gotten one before so we'll see. Oh, well. sorry for rambling - I'm just drooling sooo!

I'm sure Luke has a better reason. But I'd say the fact that it is "Tailored" rather than cut to roughly the correct size and sewn together might have something to do with it. I'm guessing this would have been a rich gentlemen's "adventuring" outfit.

Dan

Edited by dbusarow