Sign in to follow this  
johnj

My First Post .

My first post , I have been roaming around the site for a while , I am new to Leather working and have learned a lot from you-all already, thanks for sharing .

I got a tandy kit for Christmas and did a check book cover , credit card wallet and a day planner. I want to make a set of windshield pouches for my Harley Davidson FLHTCUI .

Hello johnj,

I'm not one to give an official welcome, as I'm just a newby to this site this month as well, however, I wanted to say hi and happy tooling!

Sounds like you've been busy since Christmas. It's great that you found this site, so early into your leather work journey, because you will be well taught here and will be inspired to achieve greater levels.

Looking forward to seeing the progression of your work!

Bill

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the dark side, this is an excellent site with many talented friendly people. One of the best sites I've ever participated in. I think you'll enjoy visiting here, post some pictures of your work so that when you're famous and turning out leather art we will have a reference and can say I knew him when...

Ken

Welcome aboard! Now let's see some photos of your work! ;-)

Cheers,

Andy

I'm down past Blacksburg, VA. Welcome!

Welcome to the dark side, this is an excellent site with many talented friendly people. One of the best sites I've ever participated in. I think you'll enjoy visiting here, post some pictures of your work so that when you're famous and turning out leather art we will have a reference and can say I knew him when...

Ken

Thank you for the welcome,here are the pictures , Tandy kit and craft aids. A Day Planner , Credit Card Wallet, Check Book cover.

Thank you for the welcome,here are the pictures , Tandy kit and craft aids. A Day Planner , Credit Card Wallet, Check Book cover.

My pictures are to big ( I have Dial-Up ) Can't get then to load ,I will work on it.

My pictures are to big ( I have Dial-Up ) Can't get then to load ,I will work on it.

Down sized.

post-18323-033548800 1295643792_thumb.jp

Edited by johnj

looks good, wish my first tandy kit had looked that good.

Thanks, Ken

Down sized.

The other two.

post-18323-041867000 1295664880_thumb.jp

post-18323-058826800 1295664933_thumb.jp

looks good, wish my first tandy kit had looked that good.

Thanks, Ken

Thank you Ken, That's a day planner I made from an old pair of chaps for the interior and 3-4 oz oak tanned belly for the outside ,tandys scull craftaid ..

The wallet and check book cover was a kit.

My honey wants one with roses on it .

post-18323-028925800 1295666443_thumb.jp

Thank you Ken, That's a day planner I made from an old pair of chaps for the interior and 3-4 oz oak tanned belly for the outside ,tandys scull craftaid ..

The wallet and check book cover was a kit.

My honey wants one with roses on it .

Looking good... I'm a newbie myself especially to this site. Its good to see I'm not the only one in Hampton Roads who likes to tool. Have you found any other places for leather other than Tandy in Richmond? Tandy is great but the drive is a bit much.

No I don't, I have been up to Richmond two times in last two months.Too cold to do anything else. Besides I just retired a year ago looking for something fun to do and a little side money, see how it works.

Looking good... I'm a newbie myself especially to this site. Its good to see I'm not the only one in Hampton Roads who likes to tool. Have you found any other places for leather other than Tandy in Richmond? Tandy is great but the drive is a bit much.