I've gotten in a bianchi model 120 Covert IWB that collapses. I intend to cut it open and insert a metal strap to reinforce and resew.

What kind and weight of metal should I use and how to shape?

I've gotten in a bianchi model 120 Covert IWB that collapses. I intend to cut it open and insert a metal strap to reinforce and resew.

I'd suggest that you resist the urge to do that. The reinforcing collar is glued as well as sewen and attempting to retrofit a metal reinforcement will likely ruin the holster.

Try a section of hack-saw blade....if you really have to.

Thin metal banding from a lumber yard.

Thin metal banding from a lumber yard.

Thanks for the ideas. I think the saw blad cut down will give enough. Already anticipated the glue problem and IF I attempt, will be on "best efforts" basis. The customer understands the problem involved with the patient and it could die.LOL

First, place an order for a new holster now.

Second, not a good idea. You're better off building a new holster with the modifications from the beginning than retrofitting.

Third, spring steel or thin kydex.

Fourth, not a good idea.

Fifth, not a good idea.

Be aware that hack saw blades and bundle bands from the lumber yard will rust quickly. It is not a good idea for the holster to have a piece of rusting metal between the layers. The steel used in them is also NOT treated to a spring temper, which means that if it gets mashed, it will likely keep that shape.

Fifth, not a good idea.

Be aware that hack saw blades and bundle bands from the lumber yard will rust quickly. It is not a good idea for the holster to have a piece of rusting metal between the layers. The steel used in them is also NOT treated to a spring temper, which means that if it gets mashed, it will likely keep that shape.

SIXTH AND MOST IMPORTANT. I'm not doing it. Also seems (LOL) tthe culprit is more the broken back caving in and that can easily be reinforced with more leather.

Seventh: Thanks a lot for the input.(s)

Well, at least all the comments made for an entertaining READ.... :lol:

I might be too late, . . . but just for the heck of it, . . . consider giving it a couple coats of 50/50 Resolene/water.

If that doesn't stiffen it up a bit, . . . then bronze plating is about the only other hope. :innocent:

May God bless,

Dwight

I might be too late, . . . but just for the heck of it, . . . consider giving it a couple coats of 50/50 Resolene/water.

If that doesn't stiffen it up a bit, . . . then bronze plating is about the only other hope. :innocent:

May God bless,

Dwight

I used some flashing material for this shoulder rig.

024-1.jpg

DSCN16180578.jpg

DSCN16220582.jpg