maikial

Colonel Litteton's "lever Action Buckle"?

Hey everyon, I'm just getting into making a new bag and I would really like to use the same or similar buckle that Colonel Littleton uses on a few of his products. Does anyone know where to get just the buckle mechanism from this bag? Thanks in advance!

Hi Maikial and welcome to the forum!

I don't know if they carry the same exact buckle mechanism, but I would check http://www.ohiotravelbag.com/. I haven't ordered from them yet, but have seen them being recommended many times in the forum.They offer a huge selection of items so if you can't find the same exact thing, maybe you'll find something similar.

Hi Myriam,

Thanks for the kind welcome! I've just gone through all 300 pages of their catalogue (thanks for the tip, found some other good stuff though!) and have had no luck finding that latch, or anything similar. The search continues!

Its the same buckle that is on the top of horse collars for a harness. Here's the link to Weaver its on the 8th page http://www.leathersupply.com/downloads/catalog/Hardware/LoopsSlidesDees&Fasteners.pdf . they have them in black, stainless, and brass.

You're welcome, when you finish your bag post it so we can see how it turned out.

Hi, I'm new here but love the topic.  I'm just getting into leatherworking. :)   I see this topic of this buckle sourcing has been talked about back in 2011.  The link for the catalog page 8 at leathersupply.com doesnt work any more and I can't find it on their website.  Does anyone have a current supplier for these buckles?   

Thanks for your help!

John

9 hours ago, jmcclusk said:

Hi, I'm new here but love the topic.  I'm just getting into leatherworking. :)   I see this topic of this buckle sourcing has been talked about back in 2011.  The link for the catalog page 8 at leathersupply.com doesnt work any more and I can't find it on their website.  Does anyone have a current supplier for these buckles?   

Thanks for your help!

John

See this thread for more information 

Tom

Thanks for your help!

John

6 hours ago, northmount said:

See this thread for more information 

Tom

Fantastic.  Thank you, I'll search harder next time, thank you for the reference.  

John