Billsotx

Photo Storage

Is there a good free site to store .jpgs on? I tried flickr and when I tried to download a few of them back to my computer they came back way smaller than they originally were.

Is there a good free site to store .jpgs on? I tried flickr and when I tried to download a few of them back to my computer they came back way smaller than they originally were.

how about photobucket.com?

i use it and it works for me. :)

I like Picasa a lot.

I use both Picasa and Photobucket.

To be clear, these sites are not 'storage' sites as much as they are hosting or 'sharing' sites. Most of these will take your high res photo, compress the hell out of it, and resize it to their own max resolution to keep the file size small. They are no substitution for saving your own photos in their original format on your computer.

With that said, if I have a photo I want to post on forums and I know I want to keep track of it, I use Photobucket. If I have a quick photo I want to share and don't want to mess with logging in anywhere, I use TinyPic (another Photobucket service).

http://photobucket.com/

http://tinypic.com/

Thanks for all your replies. I appreciate it!