scottishshoemaker

Badger Sporran

Here is my latest work, customer wanted a Badger sporran with metal cantle and the fore feet incorporated. Had a few problems whilst making this, particulary when trimming the skin, the fur gets everywhere. Enjoy.

post-8448-042001900 1298757314_thumb.jpg

I'd bet that was a tricky little beggar to make, George. You will be picking up bits of fur for weeks...

Is the front panel just fur or fur on leather? The cantle frames it perfectly.

Ray

This is an interesting piece, in order to show the feet the belly fur would have to be intact. Was it a complete hide? cuts at the neck and under the tail area?

You know... I've always been a bit disturbed by full mask sporrans... I think it's the eyes- and the face! Reminds too much of my kitty. :Holysheep: But the workmanship looks great! I love the cantle, as well. Mind telling us where you got it?

That looks great! How did you manage to sew the gussett on there without tucking any of the fur into the seam? And ditto on a supplier for the cantle? :begging::specool:

Thanks guys. The badger was road kill and supplied by a local taxidermist. It's a real animal not fake. The gusset was sewn in by holding the fur back from edge whilst sewing, this is where my third arm came in useful lol, the cantle came from a local kilt shop as payment for repairing some gillie brogues. Unfortunately he doesn't know where it came from, it was in the shop when he took over. I have been trying to find a supplier for sporran accessories but to no avail. I could do with some help, anyone got any contacts. Most things seem to be made in India or China.