What size thread are you hand sewers using for you holsters? The stuff I get from my local guy is waxed 60" it's pretty thick, I would like to get something on a spool.

Thanks

What size thread are you hand sewers using for you holsters? The stuff I get from my local guy is waxed 60" it's pretty thick, I would like to get something on a spool.

Thanks

My hands only fit hamburgers, hotdogs, books, and an occasional keyboard.

I use a machine, . . . I use 346 size thread bought at a local Tandy Leather store, . . . others use slimmer thread down to 207 size.

You get a 1 pound spool at Tandys for $25 +/-. What little hand sewing I do, . . . I use it also for it, . . . don't have any trouble at all.

May God bless,

Dwight

Decoyman,

If you'll go to the "suppliers" link at the first part of the forum...go to page 3 and look for "Cowboy Thunder". Dennis has some Coates/American, 9 strand (.045 thick) waxed white polyester on a spool of 525 feet for $10.00. Thats a lot of thread for the money. I bought some and it is fairly thick(.045), but it sure makes for a beautiful end product. I think the thread has as much beauty as the leather itself, if it is done right. Dennis is a pleasure to do business with and the thread was at my house in 4 days. I guess you know what I'll be using from now on!!!!!!!!! Semper-fi MIke

Thanks for the suggestion! I've been using some waxed thread from Hobby Lobby's leather section on my sheaths and I don't think it's all that great. I hand sew and don't want to spend $40 on a huge spool lol.