Every year I get to team up with a friend and Bladesmith Doug Campbell of Montana for a auction item. The auction is on a Traditional Archers site and all the procedes go to Saint Judes children's hospital. This group raised over $75,000 last year.

I don't get to do many sheaths (no time) but sure look forward to doing one each years for one of Dougs blades. The blade is damascus and I'll try to get a picture on tonight that shows off the little caper better.

IMG_0923.jpg

Anyone would be proud to have that set!. Scrollwork looks perfect

Beautiful work, love the shape and pattern.

It will be neat to see the knife that's hiding in it. I like damascus blades.

Severe, that's a beautiful looking sheath, and the belt is just as nice. Great job on the scroll work.

Ken

Thats some very nice carving and should raise some good bucks. Dave

Excellent work, Severe. You don't see many like that anymore.

Very, very nice !!

Thanks to all of you for the nice coments. I'm new here and you make a person feel welcome.

The sheath was kinda small and it was hard for me to do much. I just stuck it on the belt to show the angled belt loop. I think I have pics of some better scroll work. Thats pretty big stuff.

Here's a picture of the blade out of the sheath, I think Doug said the handle is Mammoth tooth (fossilized I think) It sure feels good in your hand. Very hard to ship back to him.

IMG_0926.jpg

randy, how the heck ya doin? this is Aaron from Tandy in portland. look forward to seeing you this year at the trade show in pendleton.beautiful work on the sheath, and I love the scroll work on the belt. very nice. got a chance a while back to go visit the cowboy ranch out there in that neck of the woods and took a few pics of all the minuture saddles that guy has in his basement of all you an your brothers work. I am thoroughly impressed, and was even before I got into leather work. in fact, thatwas the number 1 reason I got into it, was because of those saddles. my buddy did the hardwood floors in that place, and had to show them off when we were up there for the hermiston auction one month. I have been looking around for my disk full of those pictures and cannot for the life of me find them, but when I do, you betterd believe I will post them. keep up the excellent work, and see ya soon

Aaron, I'm Randys brother Robin. No worries, in a family of seven brothers we all answer to everyones name.

I think I met you at the saddleshop once, a few years back.