Sign in to follow this  
Drac

couple of holsters I did for a cop

couple of (I think) fairly minor mistakes. he was real happy with 'em though.

DSC_0002__2_.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

post-5673-1211264355_thumb.jpg

post-5673-1211264365_thumb.jpg

post-5673-1211264427_thumb.jpg

post-5673-1211264436_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drac

wow drac, very neat work....

Very interesting tri weave, good job.....just an opinion, I think the area around the trigger is a bit to exposed, but like I said just my opinion/preference, otherwise great looking holsters I can see why your friend is happy with them.

thanks roo and shorts!

jordan

I agree about the trigger area, but that's what he'd asked for along with no thumb break, so that's what he got. *shrug* thanks too!

Very nice Drac. One of the Admin for my Dept. saw me wearing one of mine without a thumb break, and voiced his concern that it didn't look secure. Seeing all that open trigger would probably give him a heart attack. Customer wants what the customer wants. Those are two very clean looking holsters. The weave looks very cool.

thanks roo and shorts!

jordan

I agree about the trigger area, but that's what he'd asked for along with no thumb break, so that's what he got. *shrug* thanks too!

The customer is always right.

Nay I say! they only have to think they are right. Whatever needs to be done to accomplish that.... well thats up to the artisan. LOL

Nay I say! they only have to think they are right.

:lol: Touché!

Regardless, these are two beautiful holsters. Very well done -- I'm sure the customer will be ecstatic.

Alex

They are nice holsters and very unique. Jordon I agree with you about the trigger guard or lack of trigger guard coverage . I personally would not make a holster like that for a customer in fear of liability if an accident were to happen as a result of an accidental discharge of the weapon and someone got hurt just from the lack of a full trigger guard coverage, that is if the holster were to be used for concealed carry. On the other hand they look like they would be great holsters for IDPA or even IPSC type compititions if they retained the gun well enough. All in all, Nice job Drac !!

LIABILITY <-- that was my first thought :blush:

"I can make it for you. Here, read this. Sign this. And sign here, here, here and initial here. Now get this notarized..." :rofl:

Drac

Great job on those holsters. 99 years ago when I joined the police department the open trigger guard revolver holster was the standard issue uniform holster for many police departments. Legendary US Border Patrolman Bill Jordan, was instrumental in the design of this holster which was known as the Jordan River Holster. I'm sure the name of this holster had nothing to do with the river in the middle east, but to Mr. Jordan's exploits along the Rio Grande River. I carried my S&W model 28 in one of those holsters into the late 1980's when I started carrying an autoloading pistol. Mr. Jordan also authored a book on modern gunfighting titled "NO SECOND PLACE WINNER."

Enough of a holster history lesson huh!

Randy