Well I got my GA5-1R this afternoon from Ron at Raphaels in Montreal and it was packaged real well.It took me longer to unwrap than to set it up and get stitching.I have only tried it out on a couple of pieces of scrap and played with the speed settings but I am liking it.I will use it tomorrow and give an update.I have never operated a cylinder arm machine before only my LandisK12 and my Adler 30-10 patcher but I can see already how it is going to help me increase my business.Cheers.

Well the stitcher started to pay for itself today,I had to shorten a belt and it was a tad too thick for my patcher.With the small needle and thinner thread it did a fine job on the dress belt.It 's going to be taking a load off my Adler and from what I have stitched so far I think it is a good machine for a fair price even when I add the shipping on to it.Ron at Raphaels was great to deal with and you can tell when you speak to him he believes in their product.

Well I got my GA5-1R this afternoon from Ron at Raphaels in Montreal and it was packaged real well.It took me longer to unwrap than to set it up and get stitching.I have only tried it out on a couple of pieces of scrap and played with the speed settings but I am liking it.I will use it tomorrow and give an update.I have never operated a cylinder arm machine before only my LandisK12 and my Adler 30-10 patcher but I can see already how it is going to help me increase my business.Cheers.

I should be getting mine in the next few days. I can't wait to try it out.

Glad to hear your Enjoying your new machine , keeps us updated !!

Well the stitcher started to pay for itself today,I had to shorten a belt and it was a tad too thick for my patcher.With the small needle and thinner thread it did a fine job on the dress belt.It 's going to be taking a load off my Adler and from what I have stitched so far I think it is a good machine for a fair price even when I add the shipping on to it.Ron at Raphaels was great to deal with and you can tell when you speak to him he believes in their product.

I have spent the last couple of days trying out the machine,inbetween serving customers and shoe repairs.I don't know if is just me or not but I think it is running smoother the more I use it.Anyways it looks good in the shop and am looking forward to putting it to work.

I have spent the last couple of days trying out the machine,inbetween serving customers and shoe repairs.I don't know if is just me or not but I think it is running smoother the more I use it.Anyways it looks good in the shop and am looking forward to putting it to work.

It's not your imagination Steve. These machines need to be broken in. The get quieter and smoother as they age and loosen up. Keep it well oiled between jobs.

I will certainly heed your advice Mr Wizcraft and keep the putting the oil to her.I kind of figured they would need breaking in,I thankyou for the heads up,much appreciated.

I brought mine home this weekend. Be sure to post pics of what you've sewn with it Steve.