McJeep

Yeeeehawwwww

Some $$$ finally broke loose for the purchase of a machine - my crippled old mitts will love this - hopefully it'll get me back into the swing of things :)

Toro 3200 should be in my shop in ten days or so - Canadian dealer lives 10 minutes down the road and just happens to deal in leather as well

Giddyup!! :thumbsup:

Some $ finally broke loose for the purchase of a machine - my crippled old mitts will love this - hopefully it'll get me back into the swing of things :)

Toro 3200 should be in my shop in ten days or so - Canadian dealer lives 10 minutes down the road and just happens to deal in leather as well

Giddyup!! :thumbsup:

CONGRATS! A new piece of steel that moves in circles! I almost forgot how great it is to get a new machine and I'm sure you'l love it.

Nice choice, by the way.

Enjoy and post your new work for all to see.

Kevin

PS I love where you live and envy your days there!

Edited by KAYAK45

Planning on motorcycle stuff (bags/guards/pouches etc) dog tack and whatever people need done to a certain extent.

Pretty damp and muddy here right now - where y'at?

CONGRATS! A new piece of steel that moves in circles! I almost forgot how great it is to get a new machine and I'm sure you'l love it.

Nice choice, by the way.

Enjoy and post your new work for all to see.

Kevin

PS I love where you live and envy your days there!

Congrats on your new machine, you'll love it....it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!....well, that's a bit of a stretch, but you'll enjoy it....

And happiness is help 10 minutes down the road...have fun!!

<sighhhhhhh> so here I am almost two months later and no machine yet. It would seem that they are way low on manpower and that on inspection of my machine they found some part that was not up to spec (wrong metal) and needed replacing. Good on em for being picky enough to dis/re assemble these machines when they get 'em, but god, two months?! It is supposed to ship today - sure hope so - this self/un employed guy needs to get goin! LOL

Wish me luck - don't expect anything in a hurry from artisan just now ;0)

My experience with delays from a shipper is 1 they sold something not in stock and had to wait until the machine arrived from their supplier or 2 just too dang slow.... 2 monthes is just way too long for a customer to have to wait...

bought preowned or new?

<sighhhhhhh> so here I am almost two months later and no machine yet. It would seem that they are way low on manpower and that on inspection of my machine they found some part that was not up to spec (wrong metal) and needed replacing. Good on em for being picky enough to dis/re assemble these machines when they get 'em, but god, two months?! It is supposed to ship today - sure hope so - this self/un employed guy needs to get goin! LOL

Wish me luck - don't expect anything in a hurry from artisan just now ;0)

My experience with delays from a shipper is 1 they sold something not in stock and had to wait until the machine arrived from their supplier ........

That is usually the case and one of the single quickest ways to piss me off. Ecspecially if they charge you for something they dont have and dont tell you it will be later then expected. I know if I had a business or was unemployed and needed the machine to start making money the machine would be coming from someone else about 1.9 months ago.

BOUGHT NOW i'D want my money back or a machine. Something stinks here!

I got an apology when my machine took a week, not a month or more.

So you still have options. Contact your Credit card provider and make a dispute, stop the payment stating you have not received the goods.

If its Paypal check the date and deadline you can dispute not getting your machine and have the funds returned,

Go to the place you bought it and demand a full refund.

We can assist you in another supplier in your area for another machine

Contact artisan and ask if the part was indeed ordered and ask what the delay is. To be honest no mater what country the part is coming from it should NEVER take that long to arrive.

List the business on a friendly leather affiliated Leather forum so othesr are not bitten by this business. I sell machines on occaision when a customer needs me to set them up. Sourcing a machine in need does not take a lot of time, nor does shipping in these days where shippers are fighting for your money.

Really sorry to hear your have not gotten your machine, You must be quite agitated as I know I would be through the roof about now. Nothing like waiting endlessly.. Look into your options as a customer not receiving the goods, take action and control of the situation!

Good luck

Got the reply from my local distributor on Thursday night explaining all the crap and that my machine was supposed to be shipped the next day - discussed (informed him of) my options at that time. He called Friday night to confirm that my machine was shipped on Friday and I'll have it by end week. I do have the number for artisan but have no reason to doubt my local guy. As mentioned before, he's been really helpful and I have no reason to doubt his sincerity. There is also the "local contacts" part of things which I am keeping in mind so as not to burn bridges I may need later in da business.

Appreciate all the feedback, and yes that IS why I did it on my card - so I would have the leverage if/when needed ;0) This aint my first rodeo LOL

Lookin forward to getting it so I can learn that side of things and get started turning a hobby into something a little more lucrative - not looking to get rich, just pay some bills and put gas in the bikes :) Have arthritic mitts so full time hand stitching is out of the question unless doing smaller "one off" special orders.

Thanks again folks! :)

Finally!!! Sure nuff does work smoothly - amazing to actually see the amount of leather this thing can stitch!

First project will be to stitch up a cover for it - not unlike the first project with a new welder being to build a cart for it ... deja vu ;0)

And they STILL forgot to ship the extra needles and flatbed for it <shakingmyhead>

But did I mention it sho is smoove! hehehe

Finally, time to learn it quick so I can build some of the things people have already jumped in line for :)

268754_196390543741790_196182280429283_501119_7139578_n.jpg

Glad your happy! Nice machine, could do all you want.

Service to you sucks. deadsubject.gif

Call BOB or STEVE and get some real service!

Service from "them" will pass - the fact that I can call the guy down the road and he does house calls no charge - priceless ;0)

A free side doesn't hurt my feelings either - like I've said before - didn't put up with the pain in the butt for their sake, but for the sake of a good relationship with a local who knows the score and what I need going forward.

Bird in the hand ...