SmilinJim

I hate to bitch

I admit, I've had a bad couple of weeks but ... I've posted some info on making some tools on another part of the board, particularly a lace cutter and a small splitter, had pretty good response too. Had some folks here that couldn't make their own for whatever reason and they requested a set of made tools, no problem. Had them posted in a couple of other places too. So I finally got some made and sent them out. Sent to quite a few states and even a couple of other countries. With them I sent an invoice. Told them what I wanted for a set but also said 'you don't have to send money, just send me something in return, maybe a rock, or a odd piece of wood, maybe a piece of metal. Something trivial. I thought it would be a neat way to collect some knick knacks from places I probably wouldn't get to go. Got some neat trinkets but ... Of all the folks on the board that requested tools I have received nothing. 100% no return. So here's the deal. I spent my time and money and sent you the tools. All you have to do is repack them and mail them back, include a stamped envelope and I'll even return your postage. I no longer want anything in trade just return my tools and I'll send them to someone else.

Hard to keep smilin sometimes

Jim

That is really sad! I'm sorry for you that you had this experience. With all the good will the Pay It Forward posts had going on, I'm truly surprised that you had this happen. I hope it turns out well for you in the end...

I admit, I've had a bad couple of weeks but ... I've posted some info on making some tools on another part of the board, particularly a lace cutter and a small splitter, had pretty good response too. Had some folks here that couldn't make their own for whatever reason and they requested a set of made tools, no problem. Had them posted in a couple of other places too. So I finally got some made and sent them out. Sent to quite a few states and even a couple of other countries. With them I sent an invoice. Told them what I wanted for a set but also said 'you don't have to send money, just send me something in return, maybe a rock, or a odd piece of wood, maybe a piece of metal. Something trivial. I thought it would be a neat way to collect some knick knacks from places I probably wouldn't get to go. Got some neat trinkets but ... Of all the folks on the board that requested tools I have received nothing. 100% no return. So here's the deal. I spent my time and money and sent you the tools. All you have to do is repack them and mail them back, include a stamped envelope and I'll even return your postage. I no longer want anything in trade just return my tools and I'll send them to someone else.

Hard to keep smilin sometimes

Jim

Jim,

I have had weeks like that. Give me your address and I will send you something I have made.

Then you can have something from Cincinnati cause no one ever wants to visit Cincinnati.

WINDY

Edited by Windy

Jim, send me your address. I'll send you something from Canada... Kamloops BC no less. It's a great spot to visit. I have some tools I can spare... Just PM me with an address

Bob

first thing rember the US post office has now service now and some days it takes two weak to get a letter 60 miles. So rember have hope.

send me a pm with your address ill find some thing here you can us and need.

Russ

ps All is lost with out hope man!

That is really bad, although as always I try to think positive, maybe like Russ says, something may show up!

Although I am new here and don't know you, I feel for you, no good deeds go unpunished!

PM me your adress and I will send you a little something something from Alpine, Texas..."The Last Frontier" (which is very true!).

Hey folks, thanks for the replies. I'm not really angry( well maybe a little) and I'm not asking for tools or any such. Just letting off a little steam. Used to have a sticker on my hard hat that sums up my attitude. "Deal With It" . If I don't get anything back so what, I'm not in it for money. And I'm still the same me. If anyone wants a set of tools I'll still send them. Just got to feeling down and ... well, no need to go into that.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

I am sorry, I must offer an apology. Had to check my old messages

One lady did offer to send me money as soon as she received the tools and I told her to wait and try them first. I think that was January.

Another lady said she had some wood to send in March.

Just still nothing has arrived.

At least they did reply.

Again I apologize.

Car troubles Monday and someone stole my laptop on a jobsite Tuesday. Still no reason to not have all the facts.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

man that sucks...the more i have to deal with people the more i like to stay home with my critters. i was able to make the splitter from the plans you posted on the board...has make my lace splitting 100% easier. if you pm me with your address i will send you something as a thank you. even though theres really not much interesting about nebraska i think i can come up with something cool.

tracy

i got a few bits from Liverpool uk I will send to cheer you up, pm and I will pop them in the post, it takes a bit to get to town, if you want stuff from the wirral I will happily send some beautiful post cards, pics, and trinkets ASAP. I' ve had weeks like that, they are a killer and no-body blames a grumble after feeling unappreciated, especially after the week takes the urine. I feel for ya.

I hate it when people don't do what they say. Still life has a way of resetting the Karma, I am occassionally guilty (ahem) as I have serious stm problems of forgetting stuff, maybe drop them a line and see how those tools are doing, refresh their memories, in a friendly inquiry, if you get nothing then, remember you did what you did because you are a kind human being, with respect for others and that you did it because you wanted to, and to the rude people who didn't reply or anything F*** em.

P.S. How much are your lace cutters/tools ?I will happily put money or gifts up front, in light of your post.