Sign in to follow this  
Bradley Bucsis

Antler Mask

Here is a mask I made for a client a few weeks ago. The hardest part was deciding when the carvings on the antlers were enough and not to go overboard (I am sure we all have been there before). The client wanted something with plain, earthy colors, and was quite happy with the end result. Unfortunately the only camera I have is my cellphone, and the color saturation is quote bad so you cannot see the colors around the eye sockets, or the carvings that continue down the sides of the mask from the antlers. I have attached a picture with the raw leather, and the painted version. I use 4-6 oz leather bellies from Tandy

post-21233-005703800 1303256319_thumb.jp

post-21233-082148500 1303256334_thumb.jp

That's pretty durn neat !

I love the design and I think the tooling on the antlers is just right. When you make these for your clients do you have them sit for you so you can mold it to their particular face? Or do you use a generic mold for them?

Chris

Nice work. The antlers look great!

Ray

I love the design and I think the tooling on the antlers is just right. When you make these for your clients do you have them sit for you so you can mold it to their particular face? Or do you use a generic mold for them?

Chris

I use my own face and also a generic mold. I live in small town canada, most of my clients are nowhere near me so having them model is impossible. Most have been happy with the fit, and the few who haven't just tell me why they aren't happy, send it back, and then I fix it. you'd be surprised how similar most faces are.