Yesterday I planned Easter dinner for a small group of folks including my brother and his wife from PA who we never get to see and some friends. Just a small group. No big deal. I was making a 20 lb turkey and a leg of lamb. Ok, so in typical fashion everyone arrives at once. My brother ends us bring his dog Zeus. That's ok too. His dog gets along with mine so that's not a problem. Zeus is this huge thing. Part Malamute, retriever and probably some great dane or pony thrown in there too. Me being fairly smart and somewhat organized hod done all my prep work in advance. The turkey was in the oven and the lamb was deboned, seasoned and sitting in the roasting pan on the counter. The guests are arriving, the dogs are bounding around as they do. Big happy family scene. Once everyone has said hello and settled in to visit, I go back to the kitchen and froze. Something is not quite right. It took me a minute to figure it out. The lamb is GONE! The roasting

pan is where I left it on the counter, but no lamb. Blackjack is under the table like a good boy. Zeus is no where to be seen. I found the guilty party hiding behind the downstairs sofa. He snapped at me when I went to drag is sorry ass out. Well that just pissed me off, so I got after him with a lariat and a buggy whip. My brother did not appreciate that. He said I had no proof it was Zeus. Blackjack would never even dream of stealing food. He knows it would be his last moment on earth if he ever tried. . .so yeah, I kinda do have proof. Anyway once I got my hands on him, I drug him from behind the sofa out the door. He peed the whole way! Fortunately we had enough turkey to go around. I hope that dog has the trots for a week. So that was my day. How was your Easter?

ROTFL! Like something from "A Christmas Story". Thanks for sharing....ours was a lot more mild. My mom and dad have a small (10 acre) horse farm in Christiansburg, VA. We gathered there: my parents, my sister, brother in law and their 3 kids, my husband, son and I. We had an egg hunt for the kids, and a big family dinner. My sister's family dog was there, as was my parents' dog, and neither caused that much trauma ;-)

Not being a religious fellow Easter is just another day for me, but I did spend it with some friends, and had a nice dinner.

Zeus sounds similar to my neighbors dog. Nika is an English mastiff. 5 months old, and probably pushing 90# with huge feet, and the typical guilty conscience of the breed.

It was nice shopping all day, and not having the regular crowds in the stores. When I get into Las Vegas AKA the big city, I get some groceries, and hit the thrift stores for some treasure hunting.