LilRay

Assembling (Stitching) Wallets

Okay folks,

I got some backs and interiors from Springfield and I'd like to know if anyone grooves and overstitch marks the interiors?

If not, what's the best method of keeping things straight?

God Bless, Ray

I got some backs and interiors from Springfield and I'd like to know if anyone grooves and overstitch marks the interiors?

If not, what's the best method of keeping things straight?

God Bless, Ray

So u have prestitched interiors?

I'll go ahead and say the stitching is more imprortant on the outside. Some just let the back side stitching fall where it may, but some CREASE back side and kind of "feel" for the needle point just before it comes through, then adjust acordingly. Usually these are heavier wt., simpler items than wallet interiors.

I emphasize the crease part because some interiors are thin enough that any grooving would prob. go 1/2 way through.

hope this helps

Edited by stanly

So u have prestitched interiors?

I'll go ahead and say the stitching is more imprortant on the outside. Some just let the back side stitching fall where it may, but some CREASE back side and kind of "feel" for the needle point just before it comes through, then adjust acordingly. Usually these are heavier wt., simpler items than wallet interiors.

I emphasize the crease part because some interiors are thin enough that any grooving would prob. go 1/2 way through.

hope this helps

Partially fold the outside( as in closing it) and rubber cement the lining as you go. If you lay it flat the inside is longer than the outside in many cases due to the decreased width when folded.

Take your time to line it up=the rubber cement will hold it well enough to sew it.

pete

Thanks Guys!

I'm getting better on each one. Here shortly, I'm starting #5!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

God Bless, Ray