Cattle Hide

Visit To Weaver Leather Showroom, Mt. Hope, Ohio

I just visited the Weaver Leather showroom in Mt. Hope, Ohio, to purchase tools, dyes and leather. The low end stamps and some tools are Tandy Craftools. Weaver has some of their own tools. I purchased a Weaver edger which was very good quality, just below the Horse Shoe Brand tools. They have a display area with one of each tool available for inspection. Much of the machinery was available especially the sewing machines.

If you are on site you can pick your own leather from the various grades and thicknesses available. The leather storage area is fairly large and has a broad selection, but some types and thicknesses were out of stock or low.

Most of the leather is listed in the catalog as TR grade (Tannery Run) and some of the pieces were rougher than others. I asked to see a Herman Oak side in 6/7 oz. to compare to the v-notch double shoulders I was purchasing. This was only one of three pieces left in this thickness and was of surprisingly poor quality. My guess is that this was the dregs left after others had picked out the better pieces from the tannery run. I would not have taken this home with me at 1/2 the price as there was little usable leather in the piece. I was a little surprised to see HO of this quality.

The staff was very efficient in getting my order together. I had good help in the leather room and only one tooling item was out of stock, but I was able to substitute a different size edger for my use.

Overall a good experience!

Is a business account or tax ID required to buy at their factory?

Is a business account or tax ID required to buy at their factory?

Yes a TAX ID is required for both thier factory sales and auction.

We visited Weaver Leather in April and found it to be a quite enjoyable experience. We were very surprised at how large of an operation it is. We bought the Little Weaver press and some crystals, spots, etc. Jackie was the gentleman who helped us and he was such a pleasant person. Would definitely go back there.

Yes a TAX ID is required for both thier factory sales and auction.