Sign in to follow this  
Stolhman

Quick Practice Piece "daffy Duck"

That looks great for an hour's work. I'm the kinda leatherworker that would turn that into a three day project... even if it is just practice, lol.

I think you did a nice job with the painting/ dyeing, and I also like the random background pattern you've done; It looks simple yet effective.

Are you planning a 'game' piece from this practice piece, or just working on carving/ coloring?

Nice job.

Nooj

That looks great for an hour's work. I'm the kinda leatherworker that would turn that into a three day project... even if it is just practice, lol.

I think you did a nice job with the painting/ dyeing, and I also like the random background pattern you've done; It looks simple yet effective.

Are you planning a 'game' piece from this practice piece, or just working on carving/ coloring?

Nice job.

Nooj

Thank you! I was just working on my swivel knife Technique and this is what happened. I am new to all of this and have some projects I want to do without screwing them up. I love this piece and glad I didnt throw it away.

VERY CREATIVE!

When you say swivel knife technique. Can you explain your tools to us.. or me. Im very new but each bit of info goes into my mental rolodex.

Swivel knife, this still is unclear to me. The Blade as I received from Tandy on their beginner kit, is the blade supposed to be RAZOR sharp or just have the edge to crease the leather as the knife is pulled. Do you use the 3/8 inchish blade or the smaller blade.

When you painted/dyed the piece, did you use a resistor on any of the areas. What was your steps from a blank canvas from color to color paint brush or rag. Im going to post my two leather sheaths on this show and tell area and this is my first two pieces. Im learning but very paticular so bear with me!! LOL

STEVE " BOHUNTER " HOLLOWAY