simran

Singer 45K69

I know the 45K69 is a cylinder arm machine.

What I can't find is any info on specifications or specific uses

of this machine.

Thanks,

It is for stitching the soles on shoes, up to 5/8" thick. It uses a 214x40 needle.

It is for stitching the soles on shoes, up to 5/8" thick. It uses a 214x40 needle.

Are the needles still available for it?

Can round work be done on it other than doing soles or is it job specific?

It's funny; I did boot & shoe work for quite a few years & never heard of it until now.

A shoe soling machine that isn't a needle and awl machine is a little different too.

I wonder how much success Singer had with that idea?

I can pick this thing up complete with treadle table & all for 1 bill.

I'm just wondering if it would be a $100 boat anchor or if it will work OK for some hobby round work.

I need something inexpensive to sew leather bottoms in my canvas packs.

I've been doing it on a flat bed but it's a bit tricky. The seam would come out more professional

looking on a cylinder-arm.

I don't see why it need necessarily be a boat anchor. if it uses needles different to the other 45ks then that might be an issue. Do you have any pictures of it? If it were me I'd buy it for the treadle table alone!

I don't see why it need necessarily be a boat anchor. if it uses needles different to the other 45ks then that might be an issue. Do you have any pictures of it? If it were me I'd buy it for the treadle table alone!

This is a beautiful machine there is no doubt. But as big as it is and as far away from home as it is and the fact that it only stitches 1/4" length stitches; I simply can't use it.

I only get home every two weeks; I simply don't want to drive the 125 miles just to pick up a table connected to a piece of junk I'll have to separate & throw away.

post-19538-082036600 1306587303_thumb.jp

The stitch length should be adjustable,it looks like the screw is missing for it(the slot on the upper right front),it's well worth the $$ for the stand alone,I have people calling all the time for heavy treadle stands & it seems yrs ago when they converted to electric I think many got scrapped.

Bob

Yes, the stitch length is adjustable up to 1/4" and it would be worth the price for the treadle alone. To me a " cool boat anchor " is not a slur at all. Kinda like calling a tall guy "Shorty" .

Even a piece of crap machine can have good parts left. With a little TLC this machine might stitch great. Although I love the smell of a new machine, I enjoy the old machine's too. I would grab this machine in a heart beat.

If you do get it, be sure and let us know if it turns out to be an amazing machine.

Yes, the stitch length is adjustable up to 1/4" and it would be worth the price for the treadle alone. To me a " cool boat anchor " is not a slur at all. Kinda like calling a tall guy "Shorty" .

Even a piece of crap machine can have good parts left. With a little TLC this machine might stitch great. Although I love the smell of a new machine, I enjoy the old machine's too. I would grab this machine in a heart beat.

If you do get it, be sure and let us know if it turns out to be an amazing machine.

The management would kill me!!

She's just looked over my shoulder & grabbed me by the ear!!!

I've learned to say I've has it a long time. :innocent:

Bob

I've learned to say I've has it a long time. :innocent:

Bob

Bob,

The Management here says you're naughty.

Anyway I got on my knee's and said :begging:and the management buckled!!

I'm going after it tomorrow.

That's great news,you'll have fun getting it sewing & seeing what it can do.

I went to Sheridan to sell machines @ the show & bought 60 machines there,I called my wife & said I done something bad last nite & she asked did you cheat on me ,I said NO!! I bought 60 machines & she said oh that's ok.

Bob

That's great news,you'll have fun getting it sewing & seeing what it can do.

I went to Sheridan to sell machines @ the show & bought 60 machines there,I called my wife & said I done something bad last nite & she asked did you cheat on me ,I said NO!! I bought 60 machines & she said oh that's ok.

Bob

evillaugh.gifI gotta remember that one.

OK, I went after that sole stitcher It has quite a history surrounding it.

The old boy I got it from is a WWII vet going into assisted living.

30 some odd years ago he got it from a farmer that had the head in the grainery and the

treadle stand he rescued off the rock pile out by the field.

The table top was de-laminated pretty badly so he used it as a pattern to make a new one from plywood.

The old boy that had it in his grainery said it was his Grandpa's. His grandpa used it to repair harness tugs

for himself and the neighbors in the area west of Fargo, ND. That had to be a few years ago.

The story bears true as there is a modified flat plate and foot in a bag of trinkets that came with it; along with

the original tapered plate and sole foot on the machine.

You can't see it in the pics but the feed dogs are tapered to the left; apparently to keep the shoe

or boot from feeding into the needle. This arrangement makes it very difficult to stitch in a straight line with this machine.

The manual bobbin winder is interesting.

Anyway here are a few pics.

post-19538-033194400 1306729472_thumb.jp

post-19538-099530900 1306729493_thumb.jp

post-19538-054733200 1306729513_thumb.jp

post-19538-075578200 1306729560_thumb.jp

post-19538-053057200 1306729593_thumb.jp

post-19538-014102300 1306729717_thumb.jp

Edited by simran

I'm jealous. That makes me wish I lived closer by so I could convince you to sell it to me spoton.gif

I'm jealous. That makes me wish I lived closer by so I could convince you to sell it to me spoton.gif

It wouldn't take much to get me toe sell this machine. I don't particularly need a soling machine; although it stitches pretty good.

It needs some fine tuning is all.

Interesting thing about this machine is it had a wax pot on it that has a gas burner under it.

If you look in the pictures it is the pot behind the bobbin winder.

The hand crank bobbin winder & this gas powered wax pot are connected to the same bracket.

You can see it pretty well in the2nd, 3rd & 4th pictures above. I'll have to flip the winder upside down

& get a pic. of that burner so you'se can see it.

It wouldn't take much to get me toe sell this machine. I don't particularly need a soling machine; although it stitches pretty good.

It needs some fine tuning is all.

Interesting thing about this machine is it had a wax pot on it that has a gas burner under it.

If you look in the pictures it is the pot behind the bobbin winder.

The hand crank bobbin winder & this gas powered wax pot are connected to the same bracket.

You can see it pretty well in the2nd, 3rd & 4th pictures above. I'll have to flip the winder upside down

& get a pic. of that burner so you'se can see it.

Oh man, now I really want it! Problem is I live in New Zealand, so getting it here would cost a fortune :(