I had a fella' ask me to make him a holster for his little S&W Airweight in early March, he has two he rotates so just sent one with me and said take your time. I've had a really hard time making a design for a pistol this small as everything I came up with seemed entirely too bulky for such a small handgun. I finished this one up this afternoon and am happy with it overall - now that I have a good design I need to whip one up in brown basket weave for him!

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0347-1.jpg

DSC_0341-4.jpg

Need to send a special thanks to Katass for this one, I really like the simplicity of his that he showed me and tried to replicate that KISS mentality in my own design. As always please critique where necessary!

I had a fella' ask me to make him a holster for his little S&W Airweight in early March, he has two he rotates so just sent one with me and said take your time. I've had a really hard time making a design for a pistol this small as everything I came up with seemed entirely too bulky for such a small handgun. I finished this one up this afternoon and am happy with it overall - now that I have a good design I need to whip one up in brown basket weave for him!

Need to send a special thanks to Katass for this one, I really like the simplicity of his that he showed me and tried to replicate that KISS mentality in my own design. As always please critique where necessary!

Good morning Eaglestroker, that little J-frame holster is good. I generally don't care for a squared off toe on a holster, but for the new style Airweight I think it worked really well. A good looking little rig and I also like the wide belt loop. It provides a lot of stability. Mike

Good morning Eaglestroker, that little J-frame holster is good. I generally don't care for a squared off toe on a holster, but for the new style Airweight I think it worked really well. A good looking little rig and I also like the wide belt loop. It provides a lot of stability. Mike

Thanks Mike, now that I know how the holster sits I will probably trim the loop to curve with the holster while still keeping it as wide as possible. I also think I'll ditch the square toe - was really a PITA to sand and burnish well. I actually had a bit of leather that stuck out passed there and decided it would look MUCH better if I chopped it. Work and learn! -Robert

P.S. I had some concern elsewhere as to whether or not the pistol would 'pop out' when moving with the pistol. I wonder if this got the point across?

DSC_03432.jpg

Edited by Eaglestroker