Sign in to follow this  
Jimbob

Natural Leather Protection....

Been tooling my heart out on a tan colored bike seat and passenger pad....friend of mine wants it in natural leather/tan color....finally, not a black seat.....now I am planing to seal it with gud 'ol Neatslac....had very good results so far.....the leather is still dry after tooling....CAN I use some oil....neatsfoot oil and give it a good rub.....and then add Neatlac?? Or will the oil hinder the Neatlac to stick to my seat....there is also some washed out coloration involved.....but I think I need to oil it to be ready for final sealing.....I am I thinking right???

Thanks for all input....

James

Been tooling my heart out on a tan colored bike seat and passenger pad....friend of mine wants it in natural leather/tan color....finally, not a black seat.....now I am planing to seal it with gud 'ol Neatslac....had very good results so far.....the leather is still dry after tooling....CAN I use some oil....neatsfoot oil and give it a good rub.....and then add Neatlac?? Or will the oil hinder the Neatlac to stick to my seat....there is also some washed out coloration involved.....but I think I need to oil it to be ready for final sealing.....I am I thinking right???

Thanks for all input....

James

Rolmao!!! I just read your post and feel pretty dang silly cause if you read the one I just made they have way too many similarities!!! I think Montana pitch blend is the answer for both of us!

Also as far as the Lac sticking you shouldnt have any issues, for my part I have been using light coats of EVOO and allowing the leather to completely soak in the oil then a couple of coats of deft then antique then a couple coats more of deft after then my homebrew beeswax, paraffin and EVOO. Depending on item I also hand rub some kiwi neutral on. As per a couple of boardmembers (katsass) do.

Edited by stealfdawg