whip braiding

Good to see you here Skip :coffeecomp: welcome aboard

Tony

Good to see you here Skip :coffeecomp: welcome aboard

Tony

Thanx Tony... Lots of good stuff here..

skip

8/13/09

Today I picked up Dan Morgan's 'Whips and Whipmaking' at my local library. They didn't have it on the shelf a couple of weeks ago when I tried to find something on Whipmaking. But most (if not possibly all) State libraries here have a process called an INTER-LIBRARY LOAN. I just wanted to tell everybody about it, because sometimes books can get rather expensive, so that we can't always buy every book we like.

You just fill out a paper form at the library, including you library card number, and pick out the book that you want from the computer. The librarians put out a call to whichever US library that has that book and ask for a loan. You'll usually get a call from your local library within a couple of weeks that your book has arrived from that other library. The book might be shipped from within your State, or it could be shipped from all the way across the nation. And it's free! The only 'catch' is that you'll only get to keep it for two weeks. After that, it's imperative that you return it 'on time', otherwise you might never get to use this service again. And they don't offer 'extention dates' on the inter-library loans.

I just wanted folks who may have already spent all their money on tools and supplies, to know that they can get their hands on these nice books for free from the library,... even though it might take a few weeks. Again, ask for an INTER-LIBRARY LOAN to get the book you need when your local library doesn't have it.

- TexasLady

Edited by TexasLady

8/15/09

Correction: The author's name is David Morgan, not Dan Morgan.

TexasLady

Edited by TexasLady