I also just finished this hunting style rig for a Glock 22. I usually build this style of rig for large revolvers. I attached a mag pouch on the main strap. Usually I have a dump pouch that I make for the TUFF Quick Strips. I find the Quick Strip pouches are much easier than the bullet loops. I also believe the strips make reloading easier.

post-5298-017570700 1310696542_thumb.jpg

post-5298-053155400 1310696576_thumb.jpg

That is a gorgeous rig. I have a friend wanting something similar for a Scoped 44 Magnum I just haven't had the nerve to cut that much leather! I also like the idea of speed strip pouches of an ammo loop/belt.

Edited by Eaglestroker

Hays, that's very nice....and very timely!

I'm about to embark on a very similar rig, for a 6", .44 mag.........

Couple questions if I may......

Does the shoulder strap adjust? I think my guy wants to wear the piece up closer to the arm pit.

Also, is a horizontal strap necessary?....since I don't see it on yours, I take that to mean that's it's not. But if it's to be worn up higher, I'm thinking a strap may come in handy to keep the holster to ones side.

Hays, that's very nice....and very timely!

I'm about to embark on a very similar rig, for a 6", .44 mag.........

Couple questions if I may......

Does the shoulder strap adjust? I think my guy wants to wear the piece up closer to the arm pit.

Also, is a horizontal strap necessary?....since I don't see it on yours, I take that to mean that's it's not. But if it's to be worn up higher, I'm thinking a strap may come in handy to keep the holster to ones side.

I emailed some details on the single strap design. Then I read your post so I am attaching the pictures of the yoked strap design. Let me know if you need details on this one.

Jeff

post-5298-003723700 1310740036_thumb.jpg

post-5298-008439600 1310740077_thumb.jpg