mark3

Mexican Round Braid

Hi Guys.

Does any bodyknow how to,

Im making a pillion seat pad for a motorbike seat.

Im using the mexican basket weave around the edge, But im having major problems with the corner. Ive spent the last couple of hours lacing then taking the lace out trying to get round the corner.

Has anybody got any info how to do this....

Ive read you have to go through the hole before the corner hole 3 times then the corner hole 4 times and 3 times for the hole after, But I just cant work this out .

The lace is 6mm roo lace.

All info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mark.

post-22539-073381300 1311330322_thumb.jp

post-22539-070825400 1311330336_thumb.jp

post-22539-092423100 1311330348_thumb.jp

Imagine if you will, the hole in the corner and the hole on each side of it. Go through each of these holes twice. See how that looks.

Imagine if you will, the hole in the corner and the hole on each side of it. Go through each of these holes twice. See how that looks.

When you say go through each of these holes twice , Do I go through the holes when the lace is coming over from the back left to the front Or when the lace is coming from the back right to the front left ?

Thanks Mark.

Hi Mark. Hope this helps you.

Regards.

post-10628-045743400 1311367637_thumb.jp

Regards.

If that is a book, what title is it?

Hi Foo,

If that is out of a book, please credit it.

Art

Regards.

If that is a book, what title is it?

Unfortunately I do not know. I found this picture a long time ago on the Internet.

I also looked for the book, but without success.

I know this is an old post but that is page 9 from How to Lace I got mine from Tandy

interesting, I also bought lacing and stitching for leathercraft at Tandy, seemingly not the same book. and in my book, there are no pages that say to make the holes in the corner larger or that you stitch twice through them. it does for the loop style lacing, but not the round braid. I have only used the method once and it didnt look perfect, but it didnt look incorrect to me (as a noob) either. I just thought, hmmm why wouldnt they tell you that? something I will have to look into before I try it again.

Edited by dragonspit

Just finished a project using the same weave. Chief31794 has a great tutorial on YouTube. I watched it a couple times and didn't have any trouble with the corners. You have to punch the corner holes 1/32 bigger because you need to go through them four times. The book you are looking for is "how to Lace" download it from Tandy's site for about $4.00. Good luck with your project, lacing looks good so far!