Sign in to follow this  
leatheroo

My New Toy! Yippy

So, i finally bought myself a sewing machine. I was about to buy a cowboy sewing machine (many thanks to Jim in Au for answering all my questions) when a local lady advertised her singer 45k. I went to have a look and a try and it sews 2 layers of 3mm veg tan beautifully. She had done some research on it and it was made in Scotland in 1915. I dont know anything about the motor except that it works. The number plate is missing so i am guessing it is a 45k25...maybe someone here can confirm this. It came with 6 needles marked 200, so i assume this will be OK for #207 thread???

cheers

post-4514-073511400 1312786208_thumb.jpg

Good on you I figured you'd won it when I saw it go off. It will do what you want plus a lot more. One sugestion is to slow it by moving the Drive Belt down to the smaller pulley to gear it down. Or a smaller pulley on the Motor. This will make it easier for you to use. By the way it was a pleasure to be able to help you, that is what LW is about.

Kindest Regards.

Jim Saddler.

So, i finally bought myself a sewing machine. I was about to buy a cowboy sewing machine (many thanks to Jim in Au for answering all my questions) when a local lady advertised her singer 45k. I went to have a look and a try and it sews 2 layers of 3mm veg tan beautifully. She had done some research on it and it was made in Scotland in 1915. I dont know anything about the motor except that it works. The number plate is missing so i am guessing it is a 45k25...maybe someone here can confirm this. It came with 6 needles marked 200, so i assume this will be OK for #207 thread???

cheers

post-4514-073511400 1312786208_thumb.jpg

I know from researching my singer treadly machine that if you can find the number stamped on the base you can find out lots of info about the machine. Singer keep great records!

Nice machine to! Now we expect to see LOTS of cool things coming from you

Natalie