Sign in to follow this  
Chris of WV

Houston, Tx?

So, I find myself purposefully stranded in Houston, Texas for the next four days, and I was wondering if there's any leather-specific locations I should visit? I plan on making a stop at the local Tandy store (of course, lol), but I was wondering if there were any other locations of interest for leatherworkers in the near vicinity? Thanks in advance! :)

Best Regards,

Chris of WV (Currently TX, lol)

The Al Stohlman leather museum is located in Fort Worth, if you can get away. It is a small exhibit, but a must see.

Enjoy!

The Al Stohlman leather museum is located in Fort Worth, if you can get away. It is a small exhibit, but a must see.

Enjoy!

Unfortunately, that's way out of the way for me, since I'll be busy in the morning and evening (since the campmeeting I'm at has both morning and evening services), and I'm not here by myself... Too bad though, I'm sure it would have been interesting! :)

Unfortunately, that's way out of the way for me, since I'll be busy in the morning and evening (since the campmeeting I'm at has both morning and evening services), and I'm not here by myself... Too bad though, I'm sure it would have been interesting! :)

Hi Chris

You would probably enjoy going by Dave Wheelers Boot shop at 4115 Willowbend . 713-665-0224. Fantastic boots to say the least and you might also see some of Peter Mains work there. There are also several Saddle Shops around Houston so check your Yellow Pages.

Blake

You SCHEDULED a trip to Houston in August?! Willingly? rofl.gif

Yeah, I live here and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else, but it isn't 104 degrees ALL year round!

Seriously, I hope you enjoy your stay!