Sign in to follow this  

Hello everyone,

Hopefully these pics come through and are clear to see. Unfortunately our digital camera is broke so I took pics with my cell phone. What you should see is a carving I did for a cell phone case I'm making for my mother. As you can see it still unfinished but the tooling is done, and I thought I would post and see what everyone thinks.

post-22713-070589000 1313819249_thumb.jp post-22713-025553600 1313819258_thumb.jp

I do hope there not too big (or too small) and you can see what I have done

ANDY

I like it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Yes, your phone takes photos like mine.:blush: Looks like a good job though and show us the finished product too. Your mother will love it!

Well its been slow going but now I'm ready to do the final sewing. I need my mom's cell for the final sewing but I thought I show what I have done so far. Yes I did mess up when making a sewing channel. I beat my self up for a day because of this. I can't explain what went wrong, I was being very careful not to do exactly what I did.

post-22713-095201100 1314154981_thumb.jp post-22713-030937600 1314154992_thumb.jp post-22713-057238700 1314155006_thumb.jp

Well its been slow going but now I'm ready to do the final sewing. I need my mom's cell for the final sewing but I thought I show what I have done so far. Yes I did mess up when making a sewing channel. I beat my self up for a day because of this. I can't explain what went wrong, I was being very careful not to do exactly what I did.

post-22713-095201100 1314154981_thumb.jp post-22713-030937600 1314154992_thumb.jp post-22713-057238700 1314155006_thumb.jp

I would not beat myself up too badly if I were you. It still was a very good job and I am sure your Mom will love it. If she is like mine she will take pride and point out the "oops" spot to anyone who who will listen and say that it proves you did it by hand and it was not something you just bought and gave to her. Good work. your tooling appears to be of excellent quality.

Arthur

All done with the case. Now I'm off to deliver it. Despite all the distractions from work and family, I sewed it up and fitted the phone. Just finished using Satin Shene to finish it. Unfortunately I lost the pics of me sewing it, burnishing, and hanging up to dry. I swear the images should be in my e mail. But we all know what happens when we assume LOL. So I just have pics of the finished case. I will say that crooked sewing line straightened out good (not perfect), but my edge came apart. The case is still together, but there is a clear line where the two leathers were joined. I'm guessing the leather was too wet or not enough time to let the glue set. I'll have to look for that in the future. Over all I'm pleased. I can see a big improvement in my work. My wife says I should post pics of my earlier work, but they are pretty raw newbie stuff LOL.

post-22713-028073800 1314635962_thumb.jp post-22713-091787100 1314635972_thumb.jp

Well there it is. I might consider posting my earlier stuff but I don't like to look back too often. I'd rather look to what I can do better in the future. And thanks all for giving me a place to learn and show off.

I mess up every sewing channel I make. Over time you will realize that your actual holes and sewing can straighten the line out just a bit so it does not look as bad as you initially thought. Your project came out really well. Your mom is very proud of her gift, I am sure.

Thanks for sharing!