Guest k6j3p

Medical Pocket Kit

Guest k6j3p

I would like to have a 19th century leather pocket surgical kit reproduced. I can send pictures and measurements to anyone that thinks they can take on the challange. I have no experience working with leather, that hard part will be the tooling on the outside. Please contact me at k6j3p@aol.com for more information. I will be using this for historical re enactments so I would want it to be as exact a reroduction as possible.

I have a 19th Century pocket surgical kit that I would like to have reproduced. If there are any brave leathercrafters that would like a challanging project please contact me at k6j3p@aol.com.

post-24188-015459800 1314030023_thumb.jp

post-24188-043802300 1314030064_thumb.jp

I don't know why the thumbnails are all black, but if you click on them you can see the pics. Neat little case.

Making the case is simple enough from what I can see from the photos. The hard part would be the tooling on the outside of the case unless you can do a rubbing or a better detailed image of it plus would need accurate measurements of each section plus the flap and the end pieces. Can you do up a detailed drawing to go by plus posting it and the rubbing before I would commit.