Billsotx

(resolved) enable Java Script

I was getting pop-up windows re: Java Script ... do you want to run ... Yes or No?

Both choices brought a endless searching white screen on my browser IE.

I remembered we did something in Tools. While I was there looking around I turned off the pop-up blocker and now get: JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Gmail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

To use Gmail's basic HTML view, which does not require JavaScript, click here.

If you want to view Gmail on a mobile phone or similar device click here.

Under Tools > Internet Options > Advanced ... we did something there before but I'm not sure what it was. There's a couple of things re: Java and I unclicked "Disable script debugging ~ IE ... but that didn't resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance for any replies and helping me again.

What browser, IE 7? Do you have the "use Java version" ticked if you scroll down that same menu? What does the java tester say?

Johanna

ps

I fixed TH and restored the folders. Don't worry, you can't break anything.

What browser, IE 7? Do you have the "use Java version" ticked if you scroll down that same menu? What does the java tester say?

Johanna

ps

I saw the TH; many thanks. I researching the FTP thing because that's how I messed it up.

My IE is 7.0.5730.11 and that tester show JavaVersion 1.1.4 from MS Corp.

That "use Java version" was ticked to I unticked , hope that's right, and restarted and "I think" it's ok. (Biggest problem was I couldn't get gmail at all. I happened to remember I had Opera so was able to get to gmail to check there. Anyway, in IE I probably messed (ticked and unticked) with more than I should have but it seems to be working now. I had previously copied and saved that list you put here way back, on how to clean-up hard drive and I've been working my way through that and that may have been what helped.

I'll let you know if I have more problems with IE here.

Hope to get back to TH later. Received a couple of "Where it go?" emails, which is encouraging. Don't know the one but may be they'll come back and check.

Again thanks.

Bill

Johanna

ps

Back to IE Script Error Windows and Yes or No does nothing except a white screen. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Back to IE Script Error Windows and Yes or No does nothing except a white screen. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Tools> Options> Advanced> UNtick "display notification about script errors"

Johanna

Seems to be fixed now. Those two boxes about Disable ...(stuff) got unchecked somehow. The things been goofy since I downloaded that command thing that messed up c-Panel. I come back here if I have more problems. I try to get back to TH in a couple of days. I'm researching how to use this new commandftp thing. Beginning to wonder if it's jinxed ... lol!