Sign in to follow this  
Warren

Comiserating with Beaverslayer

Hello all! I read through the posts last night trying to catch up as I haven't been on here in a while. Reading Beaverslayers post about being busy doing non-leather work sure struck a nerve. Not that I'm mad at him just that I'm mad at myself. I get so busy this time of year that I don't do much leather or anything else. Besides being a full-time firefighter, I run my own lawn maintenance business. I take care of about 28 yards each week. Between the fire station and mowing it doesn't leave time for much else. It felt good to at least look at everyone else's work last night and inspired me to try to come up with a little time to work on some stuff each week. With that I'm off to the shop to see what I can get done!

Thanks for the inspiration, Warren.

Warren..........get in the shop and have some fun......... :yeah:

Warren, It's been about 2 weeks now since I pounded any leather, and just now arrived home from a trip to Montreal Quebec. We got an all expenses paid trip to the Kenworth Assembly Plant in Laval Quebec. I'm telling you, what a great trip. About the most amazing thing I've seen in all my years.

So I'm going to have a nice long nap, then I think I'll just beat the #&*%## out of some leather just for the fun of it.

Met a nice fellow also from Calgary that went on the same trip, who turns out is also a leather worker. He makes "Blackjacks" and has also written 3 books (2 on Blackjacks 1 on Tactical Tomahawks) his best friend, works at Tandy here in Calgary, and he will be joining us here on Leatherworkers shortly.

Hope you can find some time in the shop Warren, and I hope it rains tommorow so I don't have to sandblast....LOL

Ken