Sign in to follow this  
justken

Singer 7-31

I came across a 7-31 today and would like some info on it.How heavy will it sew and are parts still avalable? Looks all org with an oversized table.Was to dark to take good pictues.Anyone still use one?Thanks for any info...Ken

I am also trying to find the old post that told how to find out the age of machine.Thought it was on the Singer site but have been unable to find it.Thanks...Ken

Ken,

Years ago we used to modify them to sew 3/4" of leather & sold alot of them,but from the factory as-is they'll do 1/2",it has a very large bobbin & can take large thread the biggest problem with them is the feet,they are large & will probably have to be narrowed down so you can sew close to things assuming of course you want to sew leather.

We have most parts,needles & thread in stock for it.

Bob

Edited by sewmun

Thank you Bob. What needle system/size do these use? And is bobbin same as on 97-10?This machine has been setting in a barn for the last year.Was being used but not very much before that.It's in working condition,but no extra pasts,needles,bobbins etc.Any ideal how much it's worth?From what I could see everything looks "org",no new parts.It works freely,just really dirty.