Sign in to follow this  
Sixer

Glock 22 Duty Holster W/ Inlay + Cuff Holster

I finished up this holster for a LEO friend not too long ago. I was happy with how the holster came out ... but not so much on the cuff pouch.

The "thumb break" area on the cuff pouch wrinkled quite a bit. The pic does not show it very well, but believe me the wrinkles are there and I'm not a big fan of how it looks... especially because it was not intended to be wrinkled.

Any suggestions on how to avoid "bunching" or wrinkling of the leather while still keeping it flexible enough to use?

post-13450-015495800 1317153988_thumb.jp

Edited by Sixer

It all looks good. Not sure you can avoid the wrinkles considering how the thumb break will be used. Is that a pull-thru snap? Or do you actually have unsnap with the "thumb"?

It all looks good. Not sure you can avoid the wrinkles considering how the thumb break will be used. Is that a pull-thru snap? Or do you actually have unsnap with the "thumb"?

Matt,

Thanks! The cuff holster just unsnaps with the "thumb"... What exactly is a "pull-thru" snap?

Nick,

Thanks for the kind words!

I have never used them personally, and I may not be using the right term, it might be a pull the dot snap, not sure. However, I know that Lou Alessi used them on his body guard shoulder holster system and it allowed the pistol to be drawn thru the snap and the motion would undo the snap. It's a really cool design.

Most cuff holsters un-snap when the person grabs the cuff and twists it while pulling up.

Another thing you might consider trying is the magnetic clasps they use on Purses.