almac

Canadian Suppliers

well after ANOTHER service problem from TLF(sent my last order to wrong address), i've about had it with them. :ranting2:

i still don't understand how they could ship to a wrong address, after they have had my new address in their system for the last 7 months...

i doubt if i will renew my membership with them again, unless they offer me a MAJOR discount. i'm PISSED. :mad:

i'm looking for a new supplier for hide, tools, and hardware.

can anyone recommend alternate sources (that ship to canada) to me?

thanks

well after ANOTHER service problem from TLF(sent my last order to wrong address), i've about had it with them. :ranting2:

i still don't understand how they could ship to a wrong address, after they have had my new address in their system for the last 7 months...

i doubt if i will renew my membership with them again, unless they offer me a MAJOR discount. i'm PISSED. :mad:

i'm looking for a new supplier for hide, tools, and hardware.

can anyone recommend alternate sources (that ship to canada) to me?

thanks

Almac,

I started buying leather about four years ago from an outfit in Calgary called Caledon leather. Their website is: www.caledonleather.ca

their tooling leather is higher priced than TLC but it's a much better quality and in my mind worth it. They also have high quality tools and hardware, as well as popular Fiebings products and a lot of misc. things used in the trade.

When I need hardware, I usually buy package quantities. For that type of stuff, I've been buying from a local farm/ ranch store that sells Western Rawhide products. Western Rawhide is out of Winnipeg. The hardware is decent quality and the price is acceptable. They too have leather, some tools, dyes, and finishes. Drawback here is they don't sell to the public. You might be able to set up with them if there's not a dealer close you now. Their site is: www.westernrawhide.com they have an online catalog.

Hope this helps,

Terry

Edited by THein

Hi Almac,

here is supplier of shoe making supplies and misc leather stuff.

supplier

I have never ordered from them, but they seem to have some good stuff.

Moe

Warkov has a good shoe reputation. They have some products you can virtually not get anywhere else in the world. Like quality insole leather which at the bespoke level is getting very hard to find.

There are/were some good large leather suppliers in Toronto. There used to be a tannery at the base of the DVP. The one I most dealt with moved out to the suburbs from Front street, and now I have forgotten it's name. Anyone remember? Another was mostly exotic leathers, snake skins.

Edited by Massive

I will second the recommendation for caledon leather, they have a great assortment of leather from lightwieght lining leather, to skirting leather, from d grade to #1 grade, chap leather, latigo, shearling etc. A good assortment of hardware and fiebings product. barry king and watt tools. give them a call.