buckeroo1

What 10 Blueguns Would You Purchase!

I have been involved in Single Action Shooting for numerous years....think I have made just about every type of western rig possible! Now....I am moving to the modern era (finally) and would like to know what the consensus is for the most popular automatic weapons being used today. Of course, the Colt 1911 is at the top of the list....and I have it already. If you were to going to order ten (10) Blueguns....which ones would they be?

Edited by buckeroo1

Here's my opinion...

For all 1911's - get the Cocked & Locked, and get the extended thumb safety too (as in, I'd buy the 5" Loaded model instead of the 5" GI model). You might also want to pick up a spare ambi-safety and drill a hole in the dummy to install the right-side thumb safety for left-handed holsters (assuming you add a sweat shield).

1911 - 5"

1911 - 4.25" (can also be used for 4", 3.9", and 3.5")

1911 - 3" (can also be used for the EMP)

Regarding the above EMP comment - I do not specifically recommend it, but I have had a bunch of people order my 3" holsters for their EMP, and they've been very happy with the fit. Yes, the EMP is physically smaller in a couple dimensions, but it doesn't seem enough to matter in a leather holster.

Glock 17/21/31

Glock 19/23/32

Glock 26/27/33

Springfield XD40 Sub-Compact

Springfield XD45 (Which I believe will also fit the XD9 and XD40)

S&W M&P .40 4.25"

S&W M&P .40 3.5"

Don't forget to buy magazines too if you plan to make mag pouches. Where possible, I'd buy actual mags instead of dummy mags - that way you can actually load a few rounds into the magazine so the mag pouch is formed around a loaded magazine, instead of an empty mag.

Edited by particle

I have been involved in Single Action Shooting for numerous years....think I have made just about every type of western rig possible! Now....I am moving to the modern era (finally) and would like to know what the consensus is for the most popular automatic weapons being used today. Of course, the Colt 1911 is at the top of the list....and I have it already. If you were to going to order ten (10) Blueguns....which ones would they be?

I really appreciate all your suggestions. My Bluegun order is being filled out now. Thanks also for the advice on the magazines ....great info. Take care and God bless. Buckeroo1

isn't the Sig P229 and a few other Sig models common conceal carry pistols?

I cant comment on most of them but wanna add that since the police have adopted the M&P in alot of instances (great gun, love mine) but if you go with the 40 in both versions I am pretty sure it fits the 9mm as well and maybe the 45 but that one may be thicker.

isn't the Sig P229 and a few other Sig models common conceal carry pistols?

Yes the 229, 239, 238,220 are all common carry weapons.

I carry a 226 Elite C/T in a IWB design which covers the Laser to protect it.

CZ is another which is becoming very common, also KelTec PF9, LCP, P3AT and the 5 shot snubs like the S&W J Frame.

I'm also a Firearms Instructor and I actually see the J Frames, Sub Compact Glocks and S&W M&P's mostly now though in my CCW classes.

I would add the Kahr 9 to the list as well as a Taurus Judge.

I have had lots of requests for the Beretta 92 as well, although have yet to make one.

Blackhawk makes a few dummies as well for much cheaper than the Blue guns. Check out Amazon for them. I got mine through Optics Planet (something like that), and the products were great, but the service and shipping times were terrible. But they were under 20 bucks each for a Beretta 92, 1911 with rail, J frame, Sig 226, and a Glock 17. I dont use a press for my holsters, so I don't know how well these would hold up to that.

Most of the requests I have had here in Nebraska have been for 3 and 4" 1911s, Glocks, the Sub-compact XD40, and the Judge.

DM