leatheroo

Pfaff Model No.335/17B .h2S

Can anyone give me some information on this machine? I believe it is unison feed...is this the same as compound feed? I have a singer 45k25, and it works great with a size 25 needle, but if i go down to a 22 needle, i am getting skipped stitches and broken needles. I notice that if i am putting any pressure on the leather the needle is flexing a bit and i think this is the problem. The pfaff is for sale just up the road from me and i was thinking of having a look at it. Would this be suitable for using with the smaller needles and thinner leather? I have googled the 335 model and watched the youtube vids on it but i dont know what the 17b.H2S means. If i go and look at it, what problems should i be looking for? I have been looking for a walking foot...compound feed machine but the prices in Oz are a bit ridiculous and this machine would be in my price range and it is a cyclinder model which i like and find very versatile.

Thanks for any help!!

cheers

Hi Roo

quick answer is yes, for lighter stuff. Like Handbags, Binding and the like. If the price is right, they usually sell for over $1200. here. Ring me about the Needle problem and I'll run you through it.

Kindest Regards.

Jim Saddler.

Can anyone give me some information on this machine? I believe it is unison feed...is this the same as compound feed? I have a singer 45k25, and it works great with a size 25 needle, but if i go down to a 22 needle, i am getting skipped stitches and broken needles. I notice that if i am putting any pressure on the leather the needle is flexing a bit and i think this is the problem. The pfaff is for sale just up the road from me and i was thinking of having a look at it. Would this be suitable for using with the smaller needles and thinner leather? I have googled the 335 model and watched the youtube vids on it but i dont know what the 17b.H2S means. If i go and look at it, what problems should i be looking for? I have been looking for a walking foot...compound feed machine but the prices in Oz are a bit ridiculous and this machine would be in my price range and it is a cyclinder model which i like and find very versatile.

Thanks for any help!!

cheers