Sign in to follow this  
particle

Railed 5" Colt 1911 - Need A Dummy

I see that BlueGuns has a Springfield 5" Railed Operator dummy - are the overall dimensions close enough on the Springer that I could use this to form a Colt 1911 5" Railed holster with detail boning? Or is there a better dummy for the Colt? I haven't done any railed 1911 holsters yet and want to make the most versatile dummy purchase if possible.

it should work Particle. you may look up a brand name holster for the Operator and see if the same model holster is named for the Colt as well. the only time i needed the actual gun on a 1911 with a rail other than my Operator mold was when an aftermarket rail system was installed on a S.A. TRP.

Tony

Eric

Check your PMs

Thanks! I responded to your PM Denster. Good idea Troop - I forgot to try that. I looked at Photos on Google, and it looked like the Colt had a slightly wider rail (or the Operator had a slightly thicker frame).

Blackhawk has a railed 1911 demonstrater gun that also, as a bonus, is molded in the cocked and locked position. Best part is, theyre only about 20 dollars on a variety of websites.

I have the Blackhawk Shooter mentioned, and I know for a fact that it will fit a Wilson Combat.

Know this doesn't help you Particle but for future reference and searches on the forums.