Richard, I guess you can try spraying it, but I've had the same problem with tan coat. I have since gone to resolene and there is now streaking and it seems to be a better finish. Semper-fi Mike

I apply Tan Kote with a damp sponge. No streaks. Wet the sponge, squeeze out all the water you can, then apply Tan Kote to sponge. I apply with a circular motion.

Works great for me and I prefer the matte finish of Tan Kote to the gloss of resolene.

Dan

Tan Kote is a little harder to work with but if you like the "not so glossy" look it's the way to go. We also had problems with the Tan Kote making some types of edging dye bleed onto light leather.

I apply Tan Kote with a damp sponge. No streaks. Wet the sponge, squeeze out all the water you can, then apply Tan Kote to sponge. I apply with a circular motion.

Works great for me and I prefer the matte finish of Tan Kote to the gloss of resolene.

Dan

Damp Sponge worked great, thanks.

I spray on tan kote. I use a regular spray bottle from the hardware store, with a 1:1 mixture of tan kote and water. I spray and then wipe off the excess with a damp sponge to smooth out the finish. It usually take two coats to smooth out the finish. A lot of trail and error with the finish to get the process down.

Bobby